Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Nape of neck rash, itching whole head beyond belief  (Read 2244 times)

Dierdre

Re: Nape of neck rash, itching whole head beyond belief
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2023, 08:48:05 PM »

It was a few years ago now and i got fed up with the bleeding, was like having periods again after 8 years with nothing. It can happen during the first 6 months on conti, but as i only tried them to help with atrophy it wasn't worth it. I just upped my local estrgen instead. Otherwise they were fine.

Charleyfarley

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2023, 06:30:27 AM »

Ah ok thank you, I’ll see how that goes, I quite rarely have a period now so if they come back with a vengeance I’ll be gutted 😭

I use an estrogen patcg for 2 weeks and then the Conti one for 2 weeks, was that the same for you?

Penguin

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2023, 06:48:22 AM »

Waaah thank you for tips ladies, I’ll give them a go…..

To be honest it’s never the actual ailment that debilitates me, in that way I’m quite a trooper…it’s the waiting to be told if it’s anything sinister that kills me 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Surgery think I’m crazy, any minor ailment where they’ve ruled out anything bad and I dance out the door singing & flossing! Never been so happy to have things like fibroids 😂🤦‍♀️

If I go to my appointment tomorrow and they told me it was scabies I’d be having a celebratory cake at work tomorrow 🤣

Sheeesh…shouldn’t laugh…but this anxiety is next level…and symptoms in Peri are just the gift that keeps on giving 🙄🙄🙄

Omg we're twins, I do the same. Bacterial tonsillitis brilliant thanks doc, so it's not throat cancer then 🙈

Have you tried CBT for the health anxiety? It helps a bit, not fully. But in conjunction with hrt and citalopram, it does put me in a position that I can often rationalise my thoughts. Usually just reminding myself of what I've diagnosed myself with in the last year and how rubbish my track record is!!!

Let us know how you get on with the doc xx

Floo36

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2023, 07:14:27 AM »

Bless you it sound like low Estrogen to me.  I used to just get a bit if all over itch at the low point in my cycle, the closer I get to meno the itch has got worse including my scalp, I have also now have eczema.  You may need to try a higher dose of patch or a different type. Low Estrogen can give us health anxiety, again mine worsens when my Estrogen has dropped. 

Dierdre

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2023, 08:19:00 AM »

Ah ok thank you, I’ll see how that goes, I quite rarely have a period now so if they come back with a vengeance I’ll be gutted 😭

I use an estrogen patcg for 2 weeks and then the Conti one for 2 weeks, was that the same for you?

Mine was Femseven patch, just the one changed weekly and had both estrogen and progesterone in it.
Pages: 1 [2]