Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Are you ok with Vagirux?  (Read 3084 times)

Penguin

Re: Are you ok with Vagirux?
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2023, 04:26:58 PM »

I've only had one prescription and it said estradiol cream.l, not a specific brand. I was given vagirux and I tried it for 10 days in a row (was meant to do the two week loading dose) and it burned with every application. I wonder if there are different fillers. Or perhaps it is just because I am at the start of treating it. Either way, yes it burned for me but I was lame and gave up.

Maybe because you were sore at the start of treatment. Vagirux is a tablet though not cream?

Sorry yes, don't know why I said cream but basically it said estradiol rather than a brand name, which made me think they could give me whatever was in stock at the pharmacy at the time.
 It was a very tiny white tablet that I inserted really high. I didn't think i was sore, just dry because it felt tacky when  I put my finger there. Perhaps still part of the healing process though.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2023, 04:41:37 PM »

If a prescription is written by a med., is it correct for a Pharmacist to substitute without checking with the GP?  :-\

Dierdre

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2023, 05:54:34 PM »

I've only had one prescription and it said estradiol cream.l, not a specific brand. I was given vagirux and I tried it for 10 days in a row (was meant to do the two week loading dose) and it burned with every application. I wonder if there are different fillers. Or perhaps it is just because I am at the start of treating it. Either way, yes it burned for me but I was lame and gave up.

Maybe because you were sore at the start of treatment. Vagirux is a tablet though not cream?

Sorry yes, don't know why I said cream but basically it said estradiol rather than a brand name, which made me think they could give me whatever was in stock at the pharmacy at the time.
 It was a very tiny white tablet that I inserted really high. I didn't think i was sore, just dry because it felt tacky when  I put my finger there. Perhaps still part of the healing process though.

I've had those before and was ok, just a plain box with Estradiol no brand name. Are you ok now with these?

Penguin

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2023, 06:05:32 PM »

No I gave up after 10 days and waiting for GP appointment to request Vagifem. I did increase my estrogel based on advice here though, and that seems to have helped down there too. Sex is easier.

Dierdre

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2023, 06:17:52 PM »

If a prescription is written by a med., is it correct for a Pharmacist to substitute without checking with the GP?  :-\

My prescription has always just said Estradiol never specified Vagifem. My Ovestin prescription says Estriol so I suppose unless the doctor writes the brand name I could get anything.
It shouldn't be a problem unless the product has been altered. I've recently asked for Clobetasol ( 30mg Dermovate) and got a generic one no brand name. The tube was 100mg instead of 30mg but it did the job, I've got twice as much but it expires in 3 month. Are we getting old stock???
I've also asked for Fluconazole recently and got Caneston and then a generic one, the generic one worked quicker and finally not needed another. NHS are using the cheaper options for everything but are they sometimes better?
When I had  2 boxes of generic Estradiol last year the ingredients were identical but I had less irritation than Vagifem. Maybe I can ask for that one if Vagirux don't do the job.

Pengiun,,
There must be slight differences that suit some but not others, we"re all different so that's not surprising.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2023, 06:22:56 PM by Dierdre »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2023, 06:49:38 PM »

Why would a product degrade?  Everything for years has had a 'use by' date on, EU regulations.  I wouldn't stick to the 3 months that strictly.
Pages: 1 [2]