Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Under active thyroid  (Read 408 times)

June

• First Flush
Under active thyroid
« on: September 24, 2023, 11:06:16 PM »

Diagnosed at 50 with under active thyroid and have been on levothyroxine since, symptoms were and still are exhausted, memory loss, hair loss and generaly feeling unwell dry skin feel down . I had a hysterectomy at 32 I am now 59, first ovarie removed at 39 because of a large cyst had a scan done a couple of years ago and was told the second ovarie has dissolved. I had my thyroid checked last month and was told it was fine was diagnosed with low folate two months ago finish the folate tablets in 3 weeks, currently have a second sinus infection in two months just started penicillin this weekend. I’m exhausted  all the time low mood headaches and the flushes are bad to the point where I am soaking anxiety is through the roof I have been on escitalopram and amitriptaline which my doctor stopped four weeks ago on the same day to see if that was causing the exhaustion I feel no better. I do have family problems and he has now referred me to a psychiatrist it I’m wondering could a lot of this be hormone related I’m also under a gynaecologist who for the last 12 months has been treating me with pessaries as I have severe vaginal atrophy. I also take easomeprazole as I have Barrett’s oesophagus and a small hearnia any advice would be great
« Last Edit: September 24, 2023, 11:28:01 PM by June »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Under active thyroid
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2023, 08:28:03 AM »

Have replied in your original thread.  Keeping to 1 topic might be wise so that members can scan the thread to see other responses.