Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Ibs and reflux flare  (Read 362 times)

Booroo

Ibs and reflux flare
« on: September 24, 2023, 06:41:11 AM »

I suffer with ibs main by stress and take mebeverine when needed reflux is normally ok with peptac endescopy couple years ago all ok I can’t take ppi as kidney condition.
So I’m having a bad time of it ,ast couple weeks stress, son had crohns surgery which previously cancelled so it was a case of Will it happen or won’t it for that time and then the driving him down and the distances as I don’t drive much stressed me out, then last week had both flu and covid jabs had already been feeling shit! Then other son been poorly and was due to go on school trip was worried about whether they’d have a go at me and whether I’d get money back etc.
Then son in hospital waiting for discharge we all know that one took forever all day, the driving in the weather was horrendous,couldn’t find car on way out and then it wouldn’t start 😭not had best food this week either,
So having ibs-d and the pains but the reflux is doing me in ,not burning but feel like needs to poke it down a bit and bit croaky this morning,
I want someone to say that this is short lived due to all the crap I’ve had and it will pass as normally does but then the anxiety head triggers……

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Ibs and reflux flare
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2023, 06:52:25 AM »

MayB take a dose of your reflux medication now and then mid-afternoon. I find milk of magnesia liquid helps a lot.  I have a omeprazololl capsule at breakfast.

Stress can certainly cause a drop in healthy eating - mayB dry biscuits and sips of water followed by something soothing: I find rice pudding from a tin tempting.  To line the digestive system all the way from top to bottom.