Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 3640 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Newbie
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2023, 02:59:03 PM »

If the low mood is over whelming, using appropriate medication alongside HRT can really help.  Once an HRT regime is easing symptoms, then the AD can be weaned off. 

Let us know how you get on.  There are plenty of choices, it's a bit Trial and Error sorting it. 

Geri72

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2023, 03:17:38 PM »

Hi Shiela
Thank you
I am worried that if I start anti depressants I will end up not being able to without them ....Its hard to see what's going to be best in the long term
I'm going to wait until my doctors re iew in October and ask about increasing the everol to 50 and maybe see if that helps first .. then think about ad if my mood isn't improving...at this point in time I wish I could wake up tomorrow like a brand new person   :)

Geri72

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2023, 03:22:15 PM »

CLKD  :)
Definitely will keep you all updated ...I might see if an increase to 50 patch works and discuss ad aswell as a back up option

What a life !!
Also can I quick ask about keeping patches on ....mine start to come loose after showering etc...😊

Flossieteacake

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2023, 03:22:22 PM »

Hi Shiela
Thank you
I am worried that if I start anti depressants I will end up not being able to without them ....Its hard to see what's going to be best in the long term
I'm going to wait until my doctors re iew in October and ask about increasing the everol to 50 and maybe see if that helps first .. then think about ad if my mood isn't improving...at this point in time I wish I could wake up tomorrow like a brand new person   :)

I have taken antidepressants all my life and would never cope without them. I feel they are an essential medication for some of us and if they help then it is worth trying.

Tegaderm dressings help me keep my patches on. I buy mine from Amazon. :)

Geri72

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2023, 03:35:54 PM »

Flossieteacake :)
That's exactly right ...I've never had to have ad before however like you've said for you and many others they are a lifeline...I'm just worried about starting them
I walked out of my new  job a few weeks ago( and now looking for another job ) as I just couldn't deal with the sweats and lowness...I was so embarrassed...the patches have took the edge off but just not enough yet
Thank you for the reassurance about ad ...its something I am going to have to think about if this continues simply so that I can function
Appreciated thank you 😊 🙏

Penguin

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2023, 04:00:58 PM »

I started anti depressants first but it wasn't until I added hrt in six months later that I saw a big improvement. Not perfect  but a lot better than I was.I don't think everyone stays on antidepressants for life, and the key to coming off them is to taper very slowly and agree a plan with your doctor rather than do it on your own.
However maybe increasing the patch is all you need! I'd suggest only doing one thing at a time though, increase the patch and give it a decent amount of time to work before you add in something else.

Penguin

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2023, 04:02:42 PM »

Saying that, I have been on citalopram since last August and, despite it being only for a year initially, I've decided to stay on it for longer as the side effects are now gone and I am sure it is increasing my stability and mood.

Geri72

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2023, 04:32:05 PM »

Hi Penguin 😊

This is really positive to hear …,I’ve just been looking online and it seems citalopram is highly recommended for low mood ….like you say it’s different combinations ….If I could shake off the lowness I would be happy with that ….the physical symptoms (other than the horrific  day sweats) , haven’t been too bad fingers crossed but never say never

Thanks for this …updates pending 😊

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2023, 05:47:43 PM »

Keep us up to date. 

Lifting the mood can enable us to see the wood for the trees ;-) and makes it easier to make decisions.  I've taken ADs since 1988 for severe depression, as well as Propranolol for a few years to ease anxiety surges. 

Now you have a few ideas you can relax to make decisions that suit you.  Also, eating little and often might help the mood.  How were you during your menstruating years?

Geri72

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2023, 06:26:06 PM »

CLKD  :)
I most definitely will update and it’s been great to have some ideas instead of feeling there’s no light at the end of the tunnel ; massive help thank you 🙏

Horrendous menstruating and 30s and early 40s spent most of it in pain until the doctors finally discovered I had adenymiosis and endometriosis instead of telling me it was just probably IBS ….it’s been an ongoing battle tbh … the pain is supposed to ease from these during menopause but it lingers like a toothache sometimes and rears it’s head…hysterectomy was suggested but I’ve avoided this as the pain isn’t as bad as it was

Just got to try and get some control over the moods which would really be a help for me

Have a good weekend 😊 G

Pages: 1 [2]