News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 3641 times)

Geri72

« on: September 22, 2023, 11:10:51 AM »

Hi everyone

I have just found this site and just wanted to say hi  :)

Suffered  endometriosis and adenymiosis for half of my life and now 51 and two years into menopause I feel like I’ve gone completely insane ….nobody prepares you for this ….just started Everol patches 25 mg 2 weeks ago as my mood has slumped to an all time low with constant doom and gloom and anxiety is terrible ….sweats are horrific but through the day at work which is just so embarrassing …

Can I ask does Everol take a while to work and is there anything else I can try in the meantime

Have a lovely weekend everyone  :)

G

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2023, 11:15:02 AM »

Hi  :welcomemm:  Most HRT regimes take a while B4 the kick in, the body has to recognise the uptake.

Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use to chart progress.

Ask away.  We talk about anything here.

Geri72

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2023, 11:18:52 AM »

Thank you CLKD 🙏

It’s seems that it’s my mood the most that is affecting everything and my husband just says pull yourself together ???

I’m going to try that suggestions with the diary …thank you for that ….at this point I feel like anything is worth a try    :)

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2023, 11:29:25 AM »

Hello Geri and welcome to the forum.

Meno can be tough and it really helps to have support. Perhaps you could show this to your husband so he has more of an idea of what you are going through.

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,2458.0.html

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2023, 11:29:51 AM »

There's a support document to print off, read then pass to husbands/kids/others in the house hold ;-).

Oh Flossieteacake : Great Minds and all that  ;D

Geri72

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2023, 11:35:43 AM »

Thank you both 🥰 Flossieteacake / CLKD

Its just such a relief to have somewhere to be able to say how you are feeling and people who actually understand

Work is just awful and the thing is there are women of a similar age but they just won’t talk about it …

I defo getting those print offs for the hubby …..also I have to say the recommendation is no alcohol with hrt ….there’s just no way I can deprive myself of the red wine 🍷 on a weekend …

Thanks again ladies 🙏

sheila99

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2023, 11:48:14 AM »

You might need a higher dose, most (including me) seem to be prescribed 50mg in peri. Flushes usually go within a couple of weeks, others take much longer. My anxiety and insomnia took a full 3 months.

Geri72

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2023, 11:55:27 AM »

Hi Sheila99 :) :)

Thank you for that … I was thinking this …I know the GP was starting out low as my first time on HRT but like you have said it takes a while ..I change the patch twice a week and I can feel a difference when I come to change the patch…on the last day the sweats cut in again  …I definitely think I may need the 50

I’m glad you are finding relief with the 50 and feeling more like yourself  :)

G

Songbird

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2023, 01:10:23 PM »

Hello Geri 👋…
I started on evorel 25 patches (with continual utrogestan), maybe, 18 months ago, having been post menopause for 5 years. Couldn’t cope with the hellish symptoms any longer so took the plunge.
I increased to evorel 50 at my first review and have found the dose to be spot on. The 25 just wasn’t cutting it for me. You will find your own “level” that works. I would say that I noticed an improvement of sorts after 3 or 4 weeks but only really noticed a marked difference once I increased to evorel 50.
Incidentally, hubby and I thoroughly enjoy our red wine 🍷 too with lovely food at the weekend 👍

Geri72

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2023, 01:26:57 PM »

Hi Songbird 😊
That’s really helpful ….i have a feeling the 50 might be what I need …I feel a very slight improvement with the 25 even after 2 weeks in ,  but still feeling wobbly with the low mood ….it’s awful trying to put a face on especially at work …I have a review with my GP on the 17th Oct so I am going to ask to increase then if I’m still the same ….

I’m so glad to hear about the red wine 🍷….it just makes everything feel sooo much better 😂 until the next day ….

On that note I shall definitely be having one glass tonight 😅🍷

Have a lovely weekend 😊

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2023, 02:06:57 PM »

If you don't feel supported by your GP do ask for a referral to a dedicated menopause clinic, there R waiting lists.  If by the time an appt arrives you can cancel it if you are happy with the regime.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2023, 05:44:17 PM by CLKD »

Geri72

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2023, 02:21:29 PM »

CLKD  :)
I didn't know there were clinics ...I'm going to see if  there are any in my area ....I do feel like my GP doesn't appreciate how low my mood is ...they didn't offer anything other than the everol 25 ...thank you for all the help ...so glad I joined ...don't feel so isolated with the symptoms now
😊

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2023, 02:26:51 PM »

We talk about everything here, including menopause ;-)

If U feel that the HRT isn't helping your mood: are symptoms cyclical? : do ask for something to help, some do require both HRT and Antidepressants or anti anxiety meds..

Geri72

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2023, 02:42:30 PM »

:) thanks ...I'm going to ask for an anti depressant ...I feel like the low mood is the worst for me and can't shake it off ... I just don't want to depend on an anti depressant but I can't keep going like this
I will update and thanks for all the advise ..😊

sheila99

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2023, 02:48:06 PM »

The nhs way is to start low and work up and really it's the best strategy as starting on too much brings it's own problems along with not knowing if you're on too much or too little as symptoms can be very similar. I would see how the hot flushes are by the time of your appointment. If you still have them imo you should increase, if you don't it's usually (though not always) the right dose and you other symptoms will resolve with a bit more time.
Up to you but personally I wouldn't use an ad unless there's no other option, if it's caused by oestrogen deficiency adding the missing oestrogen is by far the better option imo. I was offered ads instead of hrt but refused them.
Pages: [1] 2