Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Wanting to eat everything in sight!!  (Read 464 times)

Lizbef1972

• First Flush
Wanting to eat everything in sight!!
« on: September 21, 2023, 04:36:44 PM »

Hi,

I'm pretty new to HRT (about 6 weeks in) and I literally can't stop eating - since I started HRT I've gained about 18lbs!

I had done so well up until menopause, losing 6 stone, and now I feel like it's all going to go back on?

Anyone been in the same boat and have advice on what to do to stop eating rubbish or best diet to follow to help!!!???

TIA  8)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Wanting to eat everything in sight!!
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2023, 06:13:26 PM »

I would want to know what was triggering this!  Have u had thyroid function tests recently because this can cause hunger, as can steroids by mouth. 

Such a shame when you have lost weight successfully.  Which regime has been prescribed?

Gnatty

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2023, 07:37:14 AM »

We are all different, but for me, ravenous hunger is a sign my oestrogen is too high. What are you taking? Maybe there is room to scale it back a little?

trandall

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2023, 09:15:26 AM »

Hi Lizbeff I was like that for a while too nothing was satisfying my hunger and working from home was not helping either. My hormones seem to have shifted again recently and it is not as bad. I didn’t think about the levels as the other ladies have mentioned so maybe ask the question because you have obviously worked really hard to get where you are and don’t want to have to start all over again. Hope you get some answers