Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Advice for what to do next with HRT, so I'm ready for GP appointment...  (Read 382 times)

Shorty Pants

Hi everyone,
Following on from my last post, where I came off my Evorel patch due to being fed up with the weight gain, I started back on 1/4 of an Evorel 25 patch on the advice of a few kind folks on here.  Reason for this was what seemed to be rebound menopausal symptoms of flushes, not sleeping, some anxiety.  Even on 1/4 of a patch I saw some improvement in that my flushes were much less (and manageable) and the anxiety reduced, along with sleeping better.  I do think I'm hypersensitive to medications, with hormones being no exception.

Two weeks on though I seem to have a recurrence of symptoms again.  Waking with hot flushes, generally not sleeping so well, but also a banging headache for the last few days.  I also had swollen boobs last night, which seemed to at least be less sore this morning.

Unfortunately through reducing the HRT my dry vagina symptoms have some back.  I'm thinking I should speak to my GP about vaginal oestrogen, but wondered if anyone had any advice on how to frame the conversation regarding my patches at the same time?  Ideally, I'd like to come off all HRT (and subsequently the Mirena coil), as I'm fed up with the weight gain and am reckoning at 55 I've probably finished with my periods now anyway. 

I just feel like I've got myself in a bit of a pickle with the whole HRT thing.  Side effects when I do take it, but worse side-effects than I had before starting on HRT when I stop!  Any help and advice would be most welcome!  :-\