Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Post meno bleeding & stomach cramps on hrt  (Read 1011 times)

KathrynP

• First Flush
Post meno bleeding & stomach cramps on hrt
« on: September 20, 2023, 10:11:29 AM »

I've been on ostrogel & ulstragen tablets since October. After 3 months had a couple of days bloody discharge . Again the next month, but for a bit longer. Then again for the next few months, heavier & lastnng a week plus.  None for 2 months. Then it's happening again twice in one month 10 days plus, very heavy, bright red blood with awful ' period pains' & nausea
.  Any ideas ...is this usual? I'm still waiting for a call from my gp , I'm guessing it's gonna be just a case of changing dosage.

Khm

Re: Post meno bleeding & stomach cramps on hrt
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2023, 02:21:24 PM »

That doesn’t sound like fun, have u had investigations before ?  I’m having a bleed with utrogestan and Estradot …. Been about a week but not heavy🤷🏼‍♀️

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2023, 03:09:33 PM »

Do you take utrogeston every day or for 12 days per cycle? We're you meno (1 year without a bleed and not on bcp) before you started?

flossie fiddler

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2023, 02:07:20 PM »

Are you post meno? Unexplained bleeding needs investigation and is usually fast tracked. I’m currently going through the process for the third time. 1st t8me was nothing, second was a polyp, which was removed almost 7 years ago. This time scans are showing a suspected polyp again.

It’s best to get it checked out, it’s usually nothing, or something that is easily remedied, or just a tweak of HRT needed. But best to be sure and not to second guess.