Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Doses of HRT post meno  (Read 1502 times)

pepperminty

Doses of HRT post meno
« on: September 19, 2023, 07:25:39 AM »

Hi Ladies,

what is the average recommended dose of HRT as you get older- post meno? What age do they suggest reducing your dose?

Thanks PMxx

Joaniepat

Re: Doses of HRT post meno
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2023, 07:46:41 AM »

I don't think there is a recommended dose. For bone health, if that is a concern, the minimum serum estradiol level should be at least 250pmol/l (info from ChelWest). Other than that, whatever dose controls symptoms. There should be no arbitrary cut off age, you can take it forever.
JP x

pepperminty

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2023, 06:19:34 PM »

Thanks for the reply Joaniepat.

I was reading that it is recommended that when you get older you should reduce the dose and wondered whether others had done so. I am upping mine for the first time sucessfully after years of trying.

PMxx

Julia Dizzy

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2023, 12:54:48 PM »

Hi Pepperminty, I've been on 2 pumps gel with utrogestan for 4 years now, that has helped hot flushes but not joint pain or anxiety. Am 67, 12 years post meno.

I have now decided to increase to 3 pumps to see if it helps with this. I thought I would try it for 3 months. Gp is doing blood tests and mentioned anti d's for anxiety and joint and muscle pain but not sure want to go down that route.

I guess we're all different and can only try!

pepperminty

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2023, 04:50:37 PM »

Hi Pepperminty, I've been on 2 pumps gel with utrogestan for 4 years now, that has helped hot flushes but not joint pain or anxiety. Am 67, 12 years post meno.

I have now decided to increase to 3 pumps to see if it helps with this. I thought I would try it for 3 months. Gp is doing blood tests and mentioned anti d's for anxiety and joint and muscle pain but not sure want to go down that route.

I guess we're all different and can only try!

Hi Julia Dizzy,

Thanks for the reply. If you can get by without anti D's then no need to take them. 

PMxx