Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Why do I Google  (Read 2254 times)

Ayesha

Re: Why do I Google
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2023, 09:35:10 AM »

If it wasn't for Google I wouldn't have found this forum and all the wonderful info I have found out from browsing, but yes, best not be addicted to it.

As for VA symptoms, peeing constantly was my first symptom, followed by all the other miserable symptoms already talked about here. Will also say three courses of antibiotics before being diagnosed with VA, antibiotics I never needed, I am still very angry about that!

Don't put up with being disregarded by ignorant GP's who put it down to age and I hope you get the treatment needed if its VA, it's easily available.

kazy68

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2023, 12:30:41 PM »

Oh well nurse Margaret is as bad as some of the gp's out there didn't want to listen, not interested if my symptoms were va related or not, dipped a stick in sample said slight infection, ( doesn't feel slight ), gave me another bottle to do sample to be sent of for testing, she actually sat there and told me how far to fill the bottle, not my first rodeo love, another lot of antibiotics, and shooed out the door, so bloody angry why don't professionals listen, came out and made appointment to see female GP shame it's three and half weeks away, but I'm in the que so it's a start.

Karen

Dierdre

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2023, 01:01:14 PM »

If you're over 50 and not having periods you can buy Gina from the chemist now without prescription, it's the same as Vagifem.

Penguin

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2023, 01:07:08 PM »

Oh well nurse Margaret is as bad as some of the gp's out there didn't want to listen, not interested if my symptoms were va related or not, dipped a stick in sample said slight infection, ( doesn't feel slight ), gave me another bottle to do sample to be sent of for testing, she actually sat there and told me how far to fill the bottle, not my first rodeo love, another lot of antibiotics, and shooed out the door, so bloody angry why don't professionals listen, came out and made appointment to see female GP shame it's three and half weeks away, but I'm in the que so it's a start.

Karen

I'm so sorry to hear that the appointment wasn't helpful and that you didn't get heard, Karen. Hopefully the GP appointment will be more successful,  although a pain you have a further wait. Must say your comment re it not being your first rodeo did make me laugh, I'm going to nick that one!

kazy68

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2023, 01:11:20 PM »

Oh thank you Hun might give that a go,

One thing she did ask was there cancer in the family, well yes lots, and then it was oh ok got to be careful what you have, I thought it was ok to have hrt now, even with cancer in family,
Think she is old school tbh she's about 64 I'm sure ppl have said she's due to retire, bet she doesn't read up to date reports, oh my days look at me being mean to someone I don't even know, I must stop doing this, keep letting my mouth run off before thinking lol.

Lol penguin use as and when required, I'm 54 with 3 children any one would think I've never done a sample before.

Karen

kazy68

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2023, 01:15:09 PM »

Oh forgot to say,
Walked out chemist without paying for prescription  ::) on way back up to pay for it, going to take sample back hopefully get results back before next Thursday, THURSDAY, for a wee sample, shocking.

Karen

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2023, 04:13:50 PM »

It's a long while and the sample may become contaminated also, weekend - no Lab work taking place  >:(.  U have been badly served Kazy68.  Is there a GP in the practice with an interest in womens health or R U able to move to another Surgery?

There are very few risks - she's not taking your needs seriously.  Being mean is absolutely fine, I am tamping on your behalf!!!!  each Surgery should employ a dedicated menopause trained Nurse Practitioner.  Wishful thinking  ???

Telling someone how to fill a sample bottle - I'd laugh if it wasn't so serious  >:(  ::)

Hugsneed1958

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2023, 07:26:02 AM »

Hi I have sent reply on vagial atrophy so won't go through it again .but just look under Hugsneed1958 and hope my reply helps with info on tummy cramps. I have health anxiety too always checking. Horrible anxity.. but I use vagifem and ovestin and reason tummy cramps low estrogen.  You can use life long and both 7 days week if needed it still only equivalent to 3 hrt tablets a year.low absorbed. Try not to worry. I still worry useing too much.anyone out there use both Vagifem and ovestin.my dr said can do. Thank girls
Pages: 1 [2]