Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Bleeding since 5 days heavy today almost was short of breath and dizzy  (Read 488 times)

goodgal52

Hello ladies ,I am back after a few months .I was told to do a procedure by my doctor but I post poned it .Now I am suffering .I have had severe bleeding and pain its been 5 days now .Today morning I almost fainted was extremely short of breath.I have huge clots coming out .Its the weekend .Can you advise .I have transxemic acid capsules .Should i take it

Nas

Re: Bleeding since 5 days heavy today almost was short of breath and dizzy
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2023, 02:15:20 PM »

Hi
What procedure were you meant to have?

Are you on HRT?

Peri or post menopausal?

If you are post menopausal and haven’t had a period in over 12 months, you need to speak to your GP asap and get referred on the 2 week wait pathway.

Do you you know why you are bleeding?

Transexamic acid can slow down bleeding, so I would be inclined to take them.

Hope you get sorted soon.

Penguin

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2023, 02:29:06 PM »

I remembered you posted previously amd read back over your previous posts, and really think you should be following up with your doctor, instead of just taking the medication you mentioned.
Did you ever end up following up on the abnormal smear? Was that why you had the vaginal scan and they recommended the hysterpscopy? I really think you need to take proper medical advice on this, particularly if your lining has built up further since your posts in July. As your doctor said then, the lining looked wavy and they were going to look for polyps and do a biopsy. I really think this needs following up with a professional.

Penguin

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2023, 02:32:02 PM »

What made you postpone the procedure, were you scared about having it done? I've never had one and have terrible health anxiety,  but honestly I'd just get it done and then at least you'll know what you are dealing with and can get it resolved. It could be something really simple, you don't need to suffer like this.

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Nas

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2023, 02:37:02 PM »

Agree with penguin on this then.
Sounds like you need the input of a medic asap.

Please don’t delay. Simple things can be easily treated, bigger things take longer.

Peri2022

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2023, 05:34:49 PM »

Hi goodgal, I hope you have sought some help by now. Tranexamic acid can ease heavy bleeding sometimes but not always…we all tend to downplay our symptoms at times, but if bleeding is so heavy that you’re becoming unwell, that’s definitely not wasting A&E’s time. Sending love.