Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Is it safe to double dose Vagifem?  (Read 2454 times)

Talli

Is it safe to double dose Vagifem?
« on: September 18, 2023, 08:03:48 AM »

Hi, not sure if this is the right place to post but I’m on Vagifem and I take it every night.
Recently I’ve been getting little painless white head pimples (sorry tmi  :o ) on my vulva and it’s been super red and blotchy and sore. Seen a dr and she gave me antibiotics for the spot but it hasn’t gone away and the rest of my bits are agonising with the itch and soreness. No one wants to help :(
They won’t give steroid cream as she said it’ll make the spot worse.
My urethra is irritated and I feel like I need to pee all the time!
Last night I got desperate and took two Vagifem at the same time.  :-\
Any advice greatly appreciated!!!
Edit: I’ve also just started taking thyroxine for under active thyroid
« Last Edit: September 18, 2023, 08:20:03 AM by Talli »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Is it safe to double dose Vagifem?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2023, 08:27:28 AM »

Could the white spot/s be thrush?  Do they develop into 'boils' which become red, swollen and angry?

It's absolutely fine to double up Vagifem occasionally, to ease symptoms.  MayB ask for 'ovestin' for the outer labia/vulva, or get yes or sylc moisturisers for that area. 

Talli

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2023, 09:03:21 AM »

Not sure about thrush.
It feels like a bump, like a spot, it’s raised but it’s only tiny and not massively painful really.
I do use Yes moisturiser inside everyday but I havnt tried it on the outside. I’ll do that! Thanks!
Maybe I’ll grab some thrush tablets just in case too.
Glad about the Vagifem too :)
Thanks so much!

Ayesha

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2023, 09:38:24 AM »

I would use Ovestin topically along with the Vagifem, sometimes two treatments are necessary.
I know there are women on here that have similar issues to yours and hopefully they will be along later to advise further.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2023, 09:41:35 AM by Ayesha »

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2023, 09:58:53 AM »

Don't bother with the thrush treatment if it ain't!  Too many products on sensitive areas may aggravate symptoms.

Talli

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2023, 10:16:42 AM »

I would use Ovestin topically along with the Vagifem, sometimes two treatments are necessary.
I know there are women on here that have similar issues to yours and hopefully they will be along later to advise further.

Thanks so much!
Do they get those little pimples too?
It was a real fight to get the Vagifem as I’m only 40 so not sure they give out ovestin but I’ll definitely ask!
It’s soooooo uncomfortable!

Talli

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2023, 10:19:41 AM »

Don't bother with the thrush treatment if it ain't!  Too many products on sensitive areas may aggravate symptoms.

Sorry for tmi (again) but there’s so cottage cheesy discharge or anything. There’s no discharge at all  ::)
Just red patchy blotchy skin. Inside looks like it’s on fire too. It burns when I put the yes in and itches like mad outside and in.
And irritated urethra too.
Wish this stupid pimple would go away! I’m sure it’s aggravating things down there!
I’m waiting for a call from a nurse about my thyroxine so maybe I’ll mention it all to her if she has time.
She was supposed to ring on Friday but I asked if she could ring later as I was at a funeral at the appointment time so she said she would but never ended up phoning  :(
So I’m hoping she might ring today.

Ayesha

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2023, 10:36:47 AM »

While you wait to see whether you can be prescribed Ovestin, you can buy it from Superdrug Online, it's what I did while I waited for my prescription.
Definitely don't use thrush treatment, you will only complicate matters but because of the white pimple your Vaginal Atrophy is not straight forward, like a lot of the women on here, that's why I said hopefully someone will be along to help you more.  :)

Talli

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2023, 10:45:29 AM »

Thanks so much for your reply :)
I have tried to get ovestin from Superdrug before but because I’m under 45 they say they won’t prescribe it for me and I have to go to my gp.
It’s really annoying but it is what it is I guess  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2023, 11:00:20 AM »

Your GP shouldn't be bothered about your age regarding VA.  MayB get an appt with the Nurse Practitioner who may be more up2date with VA treatments.  There is no such thing as 'too young' !!!! 

Talli

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2023, 11:09:35 AM »

Thank you yeah I might try and get an appointment with a nurse and see if she’ll prescribe it.
Superdrug won’t because I’ve tried before.
I just wish this stupid pimple would disappear, I thought the antibiotics would get rid but they haven’t made any difference  :(

Flossieteacake

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2023, 11:22:14 AM »

Could the spots be a reaction to something? I was wondering if it could be from shower gel, laundry detergent or even shaving (if you do shave the area).

It sounds very sore but hopefully you feel reassured as the Dr has seen your skin. Does it hurt to apply an emollient because if not, perhaps that could soothe the area for you.

Talli

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2023, 11:28:45 AM »

Thank you for your reply. When the dr saw it the skin was ok, it’s gotten worse since.
The stupid pimple has stayed the same though, that hasn’t got any worse.
I dont normally trim or shave ‘down there’ but about July time I got a bikini trimmer and have had a bit of a problem ever since. Not shaving just trimming. I only did it once. I hate being a woman :(
The pimple isn’t in a spot where there’s hair if that makes sense and it was a while ago but I guess it could have irritated it.
The dr didn’t think the spot was infected but gave me antibiotics anyway and said to take them if it got worse. Well the irritation and redness got worse but not the spot so I took them but they havnt done anything.
It’s so uncomfortable I’m getting a bit beside myself  :-\

Talli

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2023, 11:31:49 AM »

Could the spots be a reaction to something? I was wondering if it could be from shower gel, laundry detergent or even shaving (if you do shave the area).

It sounds very sore but hopefully you feel reassured as the Dr has seen your skin. Does it hurt to apply an emollient because if not, perhaps that could soothe the area for you.
I have a very strict routine down there if washing with Dermol (no soap or anything) same sensitive detergent I’ve always used which has been fine. And then use cetraben outside as a barrier and yes inside.
It’s just suddenly flared up out of no where. I’ve started Tyroxine and I’m wondering if that’s bothering it but I’ve been on it for a few months and it’s been ok .
Thank you all SO MUCH for your replies, I feel at a loss

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2023, 11:38:12 AM »

SAVLON ;-).  A good dollop which will stop any infection developing.

Let us know how you get on.
Pages: [1] 2 3