Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Perimenopause triggering chronic fatigue syndrome. Anyone else?  (Read 5091 times)

Dorothy Gale

Re: Perimenopause triggering chronic fatigue syndrome. Anyone else?
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2023, 04:11:37 PM »

Thank you fir using your precious energy to read/reply to my post.

I appreciate your kind words xxx

Jules

« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2023, 07:31:30 PM »

I don't think I've had any symptoms other than VA, which is bad enough,  and hit flushes more at night.  But who knows whether some of the ME symptoms have been exacerbated by it. This week has been a bad one. Fatigue. The other thing I've not mentioned is that initially my pain was in my quad muscles and it was hideous pain that went on for years but now I get it rarely but as a result I suffered muscle wastage particularly in one leg and as I've got older, it's more obvious.  Because I get fatigued with exercise,  I can't build the muscle up. It's a vicious circle and I'm sure my legs will end up too weak in old age.

SarahT

« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2023, 07:52:23 PM »

Hi Jules

I hope your fatigue will lose its grip on you soon, it's hard to know what savvy day will bring. Like you I know doing too much in a day will see me pay for it in worsening fatigue. I also get muscle fatigue, and a sensation that is not quite tingling or pulsating, I can't get the right word to describe it. And yes, I hate not being able to exercise because the fatigue won't allow us that. So I too am concerned about muscle weakness not being able to be improved.
A year ago I could do two fast hour walks each day. Now, some days so only manage ten minutes. Am so much worse in the mornings with stiffness joint pain.
I am due a cortisol test in hospital next month as my gp blood test showed low results. In a strange way I hope it shows something. So maybe so can be treated it the adrenal glands are not functioning well enough and so may get more energy? I don't find it easy living half a life. I miss walking so much, it was my time alone, where mind and body were working together.

Jules can your gp refer you for specific physio on your leg?

I was having physio for osteoarthritis on both hips, but had to halt that. The physio is made aware of other health issues so can work with the ME.
Take care

Jules

« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2023, 07:36:59 PM »

Hi Jules

I hope your fatigue will lose its grip on you soon, it's hard to know what savvy day will bring. Like you I know doing too much in a day will see me pay for it in worsening fatigue. I also get muscle fatigue, and a sensation that is not quite tingling or pulsating, I can't get the right word to describe it. And yes, I hate not being able to exercise because the fatigue won't allow us that. So I too am concerned about muscle weakness not being able to be improved.
A year ago I could do two fast hour walks each day. Now, some days so only manage ten minutes. Am so much worse in the mornings with stiffness joint pain.
I am due a cortisol test in hospital next month as my gp blood test showed low results. In a strange way I hope it shows something. So maybe so can be treated it the adrenal glands are not functioning well enough and so may get more energy? I don't find it easy living half a life. I miss walking so much, it was my time alone, where mind and body were working together.

Jules can your gp refer you for specific physio on your leg?

I was having physio for osteoarthritis on both hips, but had to halt that. The physio is made aware of other health issues so can work with the ME.
Take care

I had physio initially which wasn't helpful, it was a different one each time and in 2000, they knew little about my condition. Another one told me id need to do a lot of exercise to build up quads, and I couldn't.  I've seen a physio recently who told me I've no muscle at the side of my left knee and to stop talking about my "bad leg" and start building it up. She had little tact. I'm still battling the fatigue, I feel like I've been spiked with sleeping pills. It's about the worse spell I've had for a while, I'm praying it lifts soon.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]