Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan 25/28 regime  (Read 813 times)

flossie fiddler

Utrogestan 25/28 regime
« on: September 16, 2023, 07:30:24 AM »

when I was first put on Utrogestan with Evorel &0, I was advised 25/28 regime, which as per the licence. However, with ongoing bleeding, it was suggested that I go off licence and take it continually which I’ve done since April. The last couple of months I’ve had increasing lethargy, fatigue and brain fog, and have only recently realised it could be the progesterone. The continuous regime didn’t help with bleeding, and I still have a bleed every 3 weeks, despite being post meno. I’m having scans in a week to investigate.

Last night I decided to go back to the 3 day break regime, and I’ve woken up this morning with a clear head and some energy! I wonder if that’s why 25/28 is suggested? Or maybe it’s coincidence that I feel better today.

sheila99

Re: Utrogestan 25/28 regime
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2023, 08:02:14 AM »

It's to allow a bleed if there's been a build up. It can be useful in late peri but usually people take it every day once they know they won't bleed. Utro does the same to me so I am sticking to a long cycle sequi regime which gives me more 'good' time (12days x 200mg every 6 weeks). As you're bleeding anyway at least this way you know when it's coming. Other options to control it are double dose conti or a mirena though perhaps the scan will show a reason for it.

flossie fiddler

Re: Utrogestan 25/28 regime
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2023, 01:21:49 PM »

Thanks Sheila99. This is the third time I’ve had investigations. 1st time nothing except 5mm womb lining which triggered further investigation and they found nothing, 2nd time 5mm womb lining so a biopsy and at the same time they found a polyp, which was removed, but still the bleeds continued.

This time I’m having ultrasound and TVS, and depending on what it throws up, my doc suggested Mirena. I’m willing to give that a try, but if I don’t get on with it, I think I’ll ask for a Sequi regime.