Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Too much oestrogen ?  (Read 1197 times)

RosieRay

Too much oestrogen ?
« on: September 16, 2023, 06:01:42 AM »

I’m peri and now on 125 estradot and daily progesterone. I have a period every 2 weeks which is miserable but my main concern is that with the increase of oestrogen I feel worse not better. My skin is greasy, spotty and my PMT and pain with periods is worse. I don’t know whether to just cut the oestrogen again or try something else.

Increasingly desperate ! I’ve been on this higher regime for 2 months

Penguin

Re: Too much oestrogen ?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2023, 06:21:57 AM »

Not sure I know the answer to your question,  but wondering why you increased to that dose - what symptoms were you trying to alleviate and did it work in that regard? It may be that cutting down brings some of those symptoms back but it doesn't sound like the current dose is working either so may be worth reducing a little. Also what progesterone are you taking? Could it be that rather than the estrogen that is making you feel worse?

RosieRay

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2023, 06:49:26 AM »

Thank you for your reply.

I had a problem with night time hot flushes and tiredness, brain fog. It hasn’t alleviated that at all but it might be early days. I’ve been on 100 utrogestan for a good year or so. They are desperate for me to try the coil but I’m reluctant to try it.

Just want to feel human and to stop having periods every two weeks

Nas

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2023, 08:21:09 AM »

If you are peri menopause, then you should be on a sequential regime.

You take 200 utrogestan for a certain number of days per month and then a bleed occurs.

100 utrogestan, against 125 of oestrogen, clearly isn’t working and is confusing your body, hence 2 weekly periods. 

Penguin

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2023, 08:54:26 AM »

Thank you for your reply.

I had a problem with night time hot flushes and tiredness, brain fog. It hasn’t alleviated that at all but it might be early days. I’ve been on 100 utrogestan for a good year or so. They are desperate for me to try the coil but I’m reluctant to try it.

Just want to feel human and to stop having periods every two weeks

What Nas said.
Plus I wonder whether daily utrogestan is making the flushes worse. From being on here, I've learnt that it is thermogenic, and in my experience (also in peri but on sequential hrt so utrogestan on days 15-26 only)  I am SO overheated all of the time when taking it, and worse at night.

RosieRay

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2023, 08:55:37 AM »

That’s not the case for me unfortunately. I can’t do a sequential as I was having a period every two weeks regardless of the amount of progesterone. I never got to the point where I could stop it because my period would come anyway! Plus the drop in progesterone caused migraines

Penguin

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2023, 09:12:11 AM »

That’s not the case for me unfortunately. I can’t do a sequential as I was having a period every two weeks regardless of the amount of progesterone. I never got to the point where I could stop it because my period would come anyway! Plus the drop in progesterone caused migraines

Yes unfortunately the drops impacts me too. Sorry, can't be of much help except to say I sympathise,  it seems very difficult to get doses of things right.

Nas

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2023, 09:15:02 AM »

Ah okay, maybe a coil would suit you better and control the bleeding better for you ? Doesn’t sound as though utrogestan is doing much unfortunately.

RosieRay

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2023, 09:40:31 AM »

Ah okay, maybe a coil would suit you better and control the bleeding better for you ? Doesn’t sound as though utrogestan is doing much unfortunately.

Yes I think I might have to bite the bullet and try the coil. Having a period every two weeks is miserable! Thank you

Nas

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2023, 09:53:40 AM »

Yes, I understand that.
I had the same with bleeding on hrt. I’ve had a coil fitted and in the main, it’s been okay.

It’s hard to know what to do for the best. You could try 200 utrogestan daily maybe to see how you feel and whether that stops the bleeding?

AngelaH

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2023, 03:31:43 PM »

The first hormone which normally falls down and causes the problems in peri is progesterone, not estrogen.

Why do GPs prescribe estrogen in peri? Unbelievable.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 03:42:40 PM by AngelaH »

GraceM

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2023, 02:34:22 PM »

You should possibly be on 200mg utrogestan per night with such a high dose of oestrogen.  Your prescriber should look at the British Menopause Guidelines in this respect.  It suggests that 200mg be given if on 75mg oestrogen or more. 

Floo36

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2023, 07:25:37 AM »

It sounds like you are not taking on enough Estrogen if you still have low Estrogen symtoms.  Perhaps try a different type of delivery to see if you absorb it better.