Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Does anyone experience breathlessness on Evrorel?  (Read 765 times)

Noheroicsplease

Does anyone experience breathlessness on Evrorel?
« on: September 21, 2023, 11:17:38 AM »

I can't tell if it's me and my mind taking over or whether it's 'real', but I am sure I feel more breathless when I'm on HRT, on evorel.

I do a lot of exercise, more strength than cardio, and it's not like I have any episodes or anything.

But walking fast on dog walk through park or uphill, I'll feel it in my chest

Anyone?

SarahT

Re: Does anyone experience breathlessness on Evrorel?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2023, 06:27:33 PM »

If I increased my patch dose I would feel a bit breathless and jittery for a few days before it settled. Are your other blood tests ok? Off the top of my head I know low iron can cause breathlessness

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2023, 06:46:38 PM »

Do you have an oximeter  noheroics? It's just that I feel breathless from time to time since covid but my oxygen levels are still fine. It would be good to know if your level is actually lower than it should be.

Taz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2023, 06:56:26 PM »

I would get breathless prior to a period, not bad enough to visit a GP as I would forget: until the next month  ::).  So what ever hormone was involved in the 5-6 days prior may well be causing you problems? 

Shorty Pants

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2023, 05:49:26 AM »

As Sarah T mentioned, low oron can cause breathlessness. This could present as low ferritin, which is your body's iron store. This was the case for me. GPs will often say its ok and in range when it's bumping along the bottom.  I would ask for a blood test. Your ferritin levels should be at least 30 and ideally closer to 70.

It's best not to go on a supplement until you've had a test, as too much iron can be a bad thing too.  :)

Noheroicsplease

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2023, 09:17:00 PM »

Thank you - that's actually quite possible. I've had low ferritin and iron in the past. My ferritin was about 3 and the range was 3-150! I lost a ton of hair. My hair has been falling a little...maybe it is the ferritin. Thanks! I'll check it out. I'm post menopausal, no periods, so doubt it's hormonal per se

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2023, 08:23:32 AM »

Have you checked your oxygen levels when you feel breathless?

Taz x

Shorty Pants

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2023, 08:55:29 AM »

Thank you - that's actually quite possible. I've had low ferritin and iron in the past. My ferritin was about 3 and the range was 3-150! I lost a ton of hair. My hair has been falling a little...maybe it is the ferritin. Thanks! I'll check it out. I'm post menopausal, no periods, so doubt it's hormonal per se
Then I'd definitely check that out. There's a condition called low iron without anaemia. If you google it, there's a couple of papers. This what happened to me, as my blood cells and iron were all in range, but my ferritin was low normal. As far as the GP was concerned there was no prob, but I immediately felt better when I supplemented with iron and my ferritin levels went up.
Most private clinics class you as low ferritin if it's below 30.

Noheroicsplease

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2023, 02:19:09 PM »

Thanks all. I've ordered an oxygen tester thing AND booked in for iron/ferritin tests.

It doesn't feel right, like my chest is super winded. But I don't know if it has become a pattern as now I'm thinking about it and it's making me anxious. Today I feel like I could have a heart attack, like someone is sitting on my chest.

I have iron here, ferrous fumerate, which I take sometimes so I'll start with it anyway. Can always stop if the levels are higher than expected.

Taz2

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2023, 03:26:43 PM »

I hope the oximeter reassures you. I find mine (bought on GPs advice during lockdown) invaluable. As you say the more you think about it the more anxious and breathless you feel. You will have more information to give to any doctors which can only help with diagnosis

Taz x

Noheroicsplease

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2023, 03:28:47 PM »

Hi all,

So, I bought an oximeter and my oxygen levels are at around 09/99% at all times I've tested. Resting heart rate is between 80-90. Surprised that's not lower given all the exercise I do, but I think I get nervous.

ALSO, got my ferritin test result back. Range is 7-250 and I'm at 13. So that's very low....