Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: is 7 weeks too early?  (Read 638 times)

EllieJ

is 7 weeks too early?
« on: March 31, 2023, 09:00:03 AM »

Hi all - so, 7 weeks tomorrow I've been on Evorel Conte.  My over heating episodes have eased, but.... that's about it for positives.

On the negative side I have gained an inch around my waistline and a few pounds in weight, but what is bothering me most is that I am just exhausted. Ironically, I think I'm sleeping better/more (although I still wake at least twice during the night) but I'm now napping in the afternoon. Despite all this I feel like I need to sleep all the time!

Is seven weeks too early to notice a real positive change? Should I give it longer?

Thanks in advance all.

Limpy

Re: is 7 weeks too early?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2023, 09:20:01 AM »

Ellie seven weeks is a bit early to judge how you are getting on with Evorel Conti. I was told to give it at least three months and that it might take up to six months to fully settle down.

Pauline67

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2023, 12:07:54 PM »

I agree with limpy. I'm on evorel cont and have been  for 6 months now. I noticed the longer I stayed on it the better I started to feel. 
I would give it at least 3 months then see how you feel.  :)

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2023, 12:37:10 PM »

They do say you should give it 3 months but you shouldn't be feeling worse. Utrogeston does this to me so I would suspect the problem is the progestin in patches. I'm staying on long cycle (6 weeks) sequi because of it, I don't want to be permanently dopey. I would ask for something different but it would be better to trial oestrogen only before adding a progestin so you can see if there's a difference.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2023, 11:41:05 AM »

I do agree, it you are that tired, then consider asking for something else.

As for the weight gain: my apron dropped many years ago but I didn't put on any weight, even though from above I look fatter  :-\