Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Today is another day  (Read 788 times)

Brownie

Today is another day
« on: September 13, 2023, 08:11:12 AM »

So following on from my other thread (how long will I feel better after reload) I managed to get some sleep but still don't feel great this morning. Not really a burning sensation, more just a feeling of soreness/pressure ? (It's so hard to describe) but I still feel I've not got the energy to do anything + my bed is calling yet again !
Last night was just 2nd night of estriol after my thrush infection so I'm hoping that things will be better soon.
Unfortunately I want miracles + to be feeling better asap,  I also took Nurofen as someone suggested + have ordered probiotics.
Think my question again is when will things start to improve, I know someone mentioned estrogen twice a day but I just feel that with the 0.01% cream once a day probably enough.
Thank you ladies, I'm probably still fairly new to all this +you all seem to know so much more +how to handle/deal with this horrible affliction!!!

Flossieteacake

Re: Today is another day
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2023, 10:13:31 AM »

So good to hear you managed to get some sleep. I would say it is still early days for you to feel better. We are all different but speaking for myself, it takes me a good few weeks to see improvements after a flare. I know that you just want to feel better right now but sadly this is something that can take time.

I use Ovestin which is stronger then the cream you are using and I have times I need to take it twice a day.

Ayesha

Re: Today is another day
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2023, 11:15:35 AM »

When you throw thrush into the VA mix it throws up all kinds of complications and makes the recovery longer, treatment took four months for me to feel the benefits without having thrush being involved.

As Flossie says, its early days and lots of patience needed and don't be afraid of using more of the VA treatment if needed, you can always reduce the dose when you know you are able to.