Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: How long to feel better after reload  (Read 4449 times)

Brownie

Re: How long to feel better after reload
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2023, 04:33:47 PM »

To be honest I think that stress has played a big part in this flare just now. It's the 0.01% estriol I use (the bigger applicator) I have tried using it during the day but it's no use when you are moving about. Do you think I could try two applicators of it at night ? I'm not sure as thinking be quite a lot of cream ???
I have one 50mg fluconazole left to take tomorrow. Didn't know about the ibuprofen, that's interesting.

Brownie

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2023, 04:37:33 PM »

I think you ladies on here know more about what's going on than the drs do !!!!

Brownie

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2023, 04:43:41 PM »

Dierdre
How did they get your thrush under control?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2023, 05:07:47 PM »

Ekgirl - we do know a lot more !

Flossieteacake

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2023, 05:46:34 PM »

Of course you can ask another question. Please feel free to ask as much as you wish.

I use oestrogen cream and when I have a flare I use it twice a day. You could try it evening and night maybe.

I really am sorry you are in so much pain. If this helps at all, I am too. I was saying to my partner only yesterday that I wish I could cut the bits off! It really does hurt and pain killers do not relieve the pain for me at all.

Hopefully now that you are using the cream again you are going to feel better soon.

Stress does affect VA which is very unfair as we cannot control that at times.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2023, 06:06:23 PM »

Chronic pain is tiring too  :-\

Brownie

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2023, 06:10:19 PM »

I agree that I don't think painkillers help. I however have just had a brainwave that I've been using too much stuff 'down there' externally today as I still had to use the canesten but had used the estriol + some yes moisturizer also 🙈
I should be finishing the canesten soon so I'm just going to stick to Dermol as I always find that quite soothing. (Thank you whoever mentioned it earlier)
I've just had a shower+ just want it to be bedtime so I can get the cream in + hopefully get some 💤 + tomorrow is another hopefully better day 🙏

Brownie

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2023, 06:26:25 PM »

Yes Flossieteacake it was you who mentioned Dermol cream.
I wish I could meet you ladies + give you a big 🤗 it helps to know that you are not going through this alone. None of my friends seem to have this trouble + I don't think appreciate how it affects you + your whole life.❤️

Flossieteacake

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2023, 07:17:34 PM »

That was smart of you to realise that you may have been using too much today. I hope you get a good sleep tonight. It is wonderful you have found something you can use that does not cause any irritation as it helps so much.

I really understand what you mean by it effecting your whole life. Please feel free to post as much as you wish too. :)

Brownie

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2023, 07:23:36 PM »

Yes hoping I can get a sleep + tomorrow will be better. 🙏🙏🙏
As I said people don't seem to realise how sore/annoying/frustrating/uncomfortable it is. I suppose I am a weakling + end up just going to my bed which probably doesn't help too but I feel it just takes so much out of me.
I just 🙏I feel better for my short break away in 3 weeks time.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2023, 07:32:53 PM »

You are not a weakling for going to bed. I have to do that too. When it pain there is no point in trying to move about anyway. As we know, sitting up can be so painful.

Three weeks is still a while away and I am sure you will be feeling much better by then. :)

Dierdre

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2023, 09:10:31 PM »

Dierdre
How did they get your thrush under control?
[/quot

I used 150mg oral one dose fluconazole tablets and had a couple of Caneston pessaries, but they didn't dissokve properly so didn't do much. Over about 3 months the thrush kept recurring or maybe it never completely cleared up. I had 5 oral tablets in that time and 2 positive tests. If i get it again I will ask for a longer term treatment over a few weeks, I don't think one dose clears it anymore.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2023, 09:12:47 PM by Dierdre »

Brownie

« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2023, 06:11:51 AM »

Yeah
Think I had 2 of the pessarys + 5:of the 150mg fluconazole, I'm finishing today 50mg fluconazole as I asked Dr to give me a longer dose. 🙏this has worked+ it doesn't come back again. 🤞

Dierdre

« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2023, 08:39:39 AM »

It sounds like you've thrown everything at it this time. With thrush you do feel worse before you get better, literally.  When the candida cells die they release a toxin that causes flu like symptoms and other aching in the body, it's called candida die off. If you've been feeling awful it could be this and at least you know it's worked. Fluconazole is a very strong medication and also has it's own nasty side effects so it's no wonder we feel ill, it's not just the thrush. You should start to feel better again in a couple of days after your last dose.
With the estrogen you take doubling up might be a bit too much cream and it's just going to ouze out anyway, but carry on using everyday and perhaps a good moisturiser in the moring to soothe everything.
I couldn't tolerate the Caneston cream it burnt too much.

Brownie

« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2023, 08:57:25 AM »

I never really thought about it being the med, today is the last 50mg of fluconazole out of a week's worth. So maybe just a mixture of everything making me feel crap ?
I felt canesten not really helping same as you but GP said to use it as apparently it helps prevent another attack of thrush ? who knows !!!!
🙏 for better days ahead very soon 🤞
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4