Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: How long to feel better after reload  (Read 4446 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: How long to feel better after reload
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2023, 09:08:02 AM »

With response to your other thread - you can continue here - if something has been suggested by members who have tried it, why not give it a 'go'?  If after 5-6 days it doesn't work for you, return to the regime that you are using.

With regards to my atrophy, as soon as it begins to niggle I swallow 2 Nurofen 3 times a day to ease the nip as the urine flow shuts off, and immediately put a dose of 'ovestin' into the vagina and again at night followed by 5 nights continually.  4 me Trial and error has been the most difficult so once I found a regime that helps, I have stuck to it. 

With regards any aches and pains, again 2 Nurofen and a brisk walk has eased symptoms.

Brownie

« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2023, 09:20:07 AM »

Took some Nurofen this morning, GP at some point gave me 400mg dose so can take that 3 times a day.
As I said probably mixture of thrush meds, not enough estrogen etc making me feel crap. I plan to use estrogen for a wee while anyway + hopefully once meds out my system+ estrogen kicks in I will feel better 🙏

Brownie

« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2023, 01:32:30 PM »

It sounds like you've thrown everything at it this time. With thrush you do feel worse before you get better, literally.  When the candida cells die they release a toxin that causes flu like symptoms and other aching in the body, it's called candida die off. If you've been feeling awful it could be this and at least you know it's worked. Fluconazole is a very strong medication and also has it's own nasty side effects so it's no wonder we feel ill, it's not just the thrush. You should start to feel better again in a couple of days after your last dose.
With the estrogen you take doubling up might be a bit too much cream and it's just going to ouze out anyway, but carry on using everyday and perhaps a good moisturiser in the moring to soothe everything.
I couldn't tolerate the Caneston cream it burnt too much.
Dierdre can I ask you about candida die off you mentioned. So I took last 50mg fluconazole 7 of 7 today but feel terrible today mainly needing to pee more, not necessarily sore when peeing but that area just feels sore/uncomfortable. Do you think this is due to the die off/side effects of med ? I probably felt ok 1st couple of days of meds but from day 4 onward not been good. I'm just 🙏like you said once meds finish things should start to improve. Please ......

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2023, 08:28:23 PM »

So feel your pain EKgirl ……just to add to the other ladies advice ……I found using Yes moisturiser really helped  ….. along side the Vagifem Ovestin and Dermovate….😳
I also use Dermol as a soap substitute….
Hope you get some relief soonest 💕

Dierdre

« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2023, 09:32:04 PM »

It could be the medication irritating the bladder and urethra,  I had pelvic cramps with it. The thrush leaves everywhere feeling sore and inflamed the same as any infection and will take a while to heal.
The candida die off is more like aching and flu like symptons as it's a toxin released by the dying cells.
Hopefully you should start to improve now, give it a couple of days to get out your system.

Brownie

« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2023, 06:06:10 AM »

It could be the medication irritating the bladder and urethra,  I had pelvic cramps with it. The thrush leaves everywhere feeling sore and inflamed the same as any infection and will take a while to heal.
The candida die off is more like aching and flu like symptons as it's a toxin released by the dying cells.
Hopefully you should start to improve now, give it a couple of days to get out your system.
Dierdre, I hope you are right regards the meds as I just feel so sore'up there ' just constant pain + burning. Meds 7/7 finished now so I'm just 🙏 like you said that things start to improve very soon. Please God

Brownie

« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2023, 06:11:33 AM »

Feel annoyed with myself now as I said to GP about taking weeks worth of fluconazole to make sure thrush fully cleared whereas it seems to be causing more probs 😕

Brownie

« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2023, 10:20:54 AM »

Dierdre, I tried to send you a PM but wasn't able to.
I just wanted to ask you all (as I still feel like crap+in a lot of pain + discomfort) as in total I have had 6 Trimethroprim, 4 x 150mg fluconazole, 7x50mg fluconazole+ 2 canesten pessaries over the last month or so if you think my lady bits are just overwhelmed with everything that's going on + they need a break. I have used estriol (gynest) last 3 nights but wondered should just lay off it just now.
I'm hoping like Dierdre said things will improve now I've finished the last med.
I hope to God I start to feel better as can't go on feeling like this 😔

Brownie

« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2023, 10:22:00 AM »

I wish I had a bath to relax in but only have a shower unfortunately 😕

Dierdre

« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2023, 01:57:40 PM »

After thrush my local estrogens, Vagifem and Ovestin burned and irritated me but I had to take them or my atrophy would have got worse than it already had with the thrush. Just use the gynest now and a little moisturiser if needed. Don't use anything new, just the things you know was ok before thrush that suited you.

Brownie

« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2023, 04:55:44 PM »

Can I ask how long it took for the burning/irritation to settle down ?

Brownie

« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2023, 05:39:45 PM »

Sorry, can I also ask can even missing estrogen for a short time cause these feelings of burning/sore bladder/sore bits etc or has the thrush/medication just messed everything up + it will take it a wee while to get everything back to how it was. I'm just fed up with the pain + feel to drained to do anything+ more or less been in my bed all week.
Who would be a woman .......

Dierdre

« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2023, 06:49:19 PM »

Can I ask how long it took for the burning/irritation to settle down ?

It took about a week for the burning to stop  but longer for the atrophy and my bladder to improve. I still struggle some days and have not been able to reduce the estrogen yet and still take it everyday.

Brownie

« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2023, 06:56:54 PM »

Thanks for that info, think I'm looking for instantaneous results !!!

I know someone mentioned about a probiotic. I have ordered some but do you take anything like that ?

Brownie

« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2023, 06:59:40 PM »

I'm just concerned as I have a short break (just 4 days locally) and I want firstly to be able to go and secondly to be able to enjoy it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4