Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Is it safe to double dose Vagifem?  (Read 2453 times)

Flossieteacake

Re: Is it safe to double dose Vagifem?
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2023, 12:50:24 PM »

It is great you have an appointment and you know the person is going to be helpful. I will await the update. :)

Talli

Re: Is it safe to double dose Vagifem? - Little Update :)
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2023, 05:00:51 PM »

Hello lovely ladies, just popping on to say I had my app and the Dr. was lovely.
Apparently I had a really bad case of thrush  :o ::) Actualy dr.s words were “You have a whacking great load of candida all over the slide” and “I’ve not seen an infection that bad in a while”
Cue me feeling awful/embarassed/generaly gross lol.
Anyway, she’s given me a tablet and some cream and the go ahead to self treat if I get it at another time, which is great because I was previously told not to self treat because of my lichen sclerosis.
So a good outcome and thank you all for your help!
Oh and she also said it was fine for me to take Vagifem every night too so double win!  :D
Thank you everyone again!

Jules

Re: Is it safe to double dose Vagifem? - Little Update :)
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2023, 05:03:51 PM »

Hello lovely ladies, just popping on to say I had my app and the Dr. was lovely.
Apparently I had a really bad case of thrush  :o ::) Actualy dr.s words were “You have a whacking great load of candida all over the slide” and “I’ve not seen an infection that bad in a while”
Cue me feeling awful/embarassed/generaly gross lol.
Anyway, she’s given me a tablet and some cream and the go ahead to self treat if I get it at another time, which is great because I was previously told not to self treat because of my lichen sclerosis.
So a good outcome and thank you all for your help!
Oh and she also said it was fine for me to take Vagifem every night too so double win!  :D
Thank you everyone again!

That's great. And good to hear another GP saying localised estrogen is OK nightly

Talli

« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2023, 05:07:13 PM »

Yes I thought that too.
She wasn’t a GP exactly but a consultant at a Sexual Health clinic and she’s so good!
Really clued up!
She’s the one who got me started on localised estrogen and when gps wouldn’t let me up it from 2 a week to 4 a week wrote them a very strongly worded letter hee hee.
She’s amazing  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2023, 05:09:46 PM »

Well done!   There seems to be a 'lot of it about' = Candida. 

Talli

« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2023, 05:20:57 PM »

Well done!   There seems to be a 'lot of it about' = Candida. 

It’s horrible this candida business. I asked if it was down to hygiene because I’m so particular about being clean “down there” but she said it wasn’t and was most likely going to happen anyway but the ABs made it worse .

Flossieteacake

« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2023, 05:57:52 PM »

I am so pleased to hear the appointment went well. You have nothing to be embarrassed about though. Thrush is not caused due to a lack of hygiene. I tend to get thrush after having antibiotics. I really hope it clears up soon.

CLKD

« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2023, 05:58:10 PM »

Did she suggest LIVE yoghurt - eating it regularly will cleanse the gut from top to bottom - mayB eat it once you've used the candida treatment.  Replaces bacteria that ABs strip from the gut.

Talli

« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2023, 06:01:35 PM »

I am so pleased to hear the appointment went well. You have nothing to be embarrassed about though. Thrush is not caused due to a lack of hygiene. I tend to get thrush after having antibiotics. I really hope it clears up soon.
Thank you for your comment. I felt so gross in there  ::)
She said it might have been the ABs that made it worse.
Thanks again :)

Talli

« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2023, 06:03:15 PM »

Did she suggest LIVE yoghurt - eating it regularly will cleanse the gut from top to bottom - mayB eat it once you've used the candida treatment.  Replaces bacteria that ABs strip from the gut.
No she didn’t mention live yogurt!
I’ll try that!
I do take Super Pro 20 from Healthspan which supposedly has a lot of ‘good bacteria’ in it but I’ll definitely try the live yogurt. Probably less expensive too lol

CLKD

« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2023, 06:48:10 PM »

Once you've completed the thrush treatment. 

Talli

« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2023, 08:29:25 PM »

Once you've completed the thrush treatment.
Yes will do once I’ve finished the treatment :)

Jules

« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2023, 09:31:35 PM »

Do you think they will start putting limitations on prescriptions once more women learn about VA and start to use it and women use it more often? I'm using it every other night and ovestin externally every night. I still have a niggle that it's too much.

Dierdre

« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2023, 08:41:04 AM »

It actually says in the NICE guidelines for doctors to increase the dosage as needed.  Some just dont read that and sometimes have to be shown. VA is not new, women have been using Ovestin since the 80's, it's just never been talked about.

Jules

« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2023, 09:11:04 AM »

It actually says in the NICE guidelines for doctors to increase the dosage as needed.  Some just dont read that and sometimes have to be shown. VA is not new, women have been using Ovestin since the 80's, it's just never been talked about.

Yes my doctor told me. I still am not using vagifem every day but using ovestin daily.
 I'm thinking of the cost of increase in use.
Pages: 1 2 [3]