Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Applying gel if skin not washed??  (Read 717 times)

Julia Dizzy

Applying gel if skin not washed??
« on: September 10, 2023, 11:34:00 AM »

Hi, this may be a daft question lol...  ??? I usually apply my gel to my outer upper arms.
If I don't have a shower one day, can I just apply my next dose of the gel over the samer area the next morning, or should the arms be washed clean for each application?
The instructions say apply to clean dry skin?
Just wondering....

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Applying gel if skin not washed??
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2023, 11:36:14 AM »

So follow the instructions?  If U haven't washed the arm/s then apply in a different area of skin.

Gnatty

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2023, 11:40:19 AM »

I think it's best if they are washed clean. My feeling is that the gel forms a bit of a barrier. So anything to improve absorption can only be good.

Penguin

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2023, 12:19:54 PM »

I hadn't thought of that tbh. I usually apply the gel before school run and have a shower when I come home on weekdays. I just make sure I don't use body lotion on my thighs, which is the only place I apply the gel.

Penguin

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2023, 12:21:17 PM »

But I do leave at least an hour from when I apply the gel amd when I have the shower.

Kathleen

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2023, 12:42:35 PM »

Hello Julia Dizzy

When I was using a lot of gel and applying day and night I would always wash my thighs before bed and then apply more gel. It was a faff of course but I wanted to make sure that my skin was completely free of oil or sweat before each application. Perhaps you can just wash your outer arms on the day that you don't shower?

Wishing you well and take care.

K.

Katherine

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2023, 01:22:21 PM »

I’ve always thought clean skin meant visibly clean, no lotion or oils, etc. I don’t shower every single day and reapply gel to same place on inner thighs. Worried now.

Penguin

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2023, 01:26:38 PM »

I’ve always thought clean skin meant visibly clean, no lotion or oils, etc. I don’t shower every single day and reapply gel to same place on inner thighs. Worried now.

Same as me Katherine, can't say I've noticed any difference in symptoms either.

Katherine

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2023, 01:30:14 PM »

Oestrogel is very strong smelling which I assume is alcohol which should cut through any natural skin oil…

Gnatty

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2023, 01:58:24 PM »

I do find if I wash my skin the gel goes in much better. If I reapply in the evening without washing it just sits on my skin and doesn't soak in as well. But of course we are all different and have different skin. My skin is quite oily and therefore it makes sense to wash first.

alibeau

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2023, 04:52:19 PM »

I’m pretty sure it’s best to apply to clean skin however I don’t shower everyday and there was a spell when I was poorly, possibly with covid, where I really didn’t have the energy to shower for quite a few days in a row.

I do remember feeling like there was a build up of gel on my skin and it felt a bit more tacky but I didn’t feel any side effects in terms of the gel not being absorbed properly.

If you are not showering for a number of days I would probably use a warm flannel to remove any build up to be on the safe side.

Julia Dizzy

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2023, 01:33:03 PM »

Thank you ladies! xx

Cassie

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2023, 01:57:50 PM »

I have been applying the gel for over 15 yrs daily and have never washed the day befores application, off before applying unless of course I had had a bath or a swim. I alternate legs have never used it anywhere else and had no problems.