Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Heart Palpitations and Accupuncture  (Read 442 times)

Jenny23

Heart Palpitations and Accupuncture
« on: September 10, 2023, 01:38:02 PM »

Has anyone found that their heart palpitations are decreasing over time? I had an onset of palpitations 4 months ago along with severe anxiety. Anxiety, palpitations, feeling of shortness of breath and heavy breathing last 24x7 and came out of nowhere. Have made multiple cardio tests and blood tests and all normal so far. The palpitations and anxiety are debilitating. Have started Accupuncture 1 month ago 2-3x a week and it has helped a lot in addition to meditation, breathing exercises. Has anyone tried acupuncture and were you able to get back to normal. Doctors so far are all indicating that this is perimenopause/menopause transition and unfortunately is per of the hormonal changes. So scary. I also find that exercises are difficult because the palpitations get stronger. Walking a lot has been ok for the most part but any more rigorous exercise increases the internal shaking of the heart which gives a sinking feeling of fear. So exercise does not work even though it is supposed to help.

I have not started HRT or anxiety meds because I am sensitive to side effects and new symptoms of side effects throw me off into stronger anxiety. Also my HR is too low for beta blockers. So trying to go the Chinese medicine way to help get back to normal.

For what is worth, the initial onset of these symptoms also had resulted in increased heart rate (tachycardia) and high blood pressure and both have normalized and are low now thankfully. But the heart palpitations and internal shaking feeling and anxiety are persistent and non stop.

Would appreciate any advice.

Isobel

• First Flush
Re: Heart Palpitations and Accupuncture
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2023, 01:03:56 PM »

I have had palpitations and anxiety for a while but has now developed and this morning I had a full on anxiety attack, I have never suffered from these before and I am also having nightmares which is affecting my sleep and anxiety, I have started on hrt only 3 days ago, does anyone have any advice or can tell me if this is normal?