Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Mirena removal  (Read 489 times)

TJ1313

Mirena removal
« on: September 08, 2023, 11:50:15 AM »

I think it's time for my Mirena coil to go, I've tried but after 7 months of daily pressure headaches and thinning hair I want it out. I never had this on Utrogestan and the mini pill so will have to go back to those I think. I'm hoping I can get Utrogestan, are there still shortages? or any suggestions on anything different I could take for the Progesterone and contraception side of things? I'm also on Estradot 25 patch x

Bexs

Re: Mirena removal
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2023, 12:21:50 PM »

Hi TJ1313,

Before i had my mirena I struggled with utrogestan and Provera. The thing that worked best for me was a double dose of the mini pill. When I get my mirena removed (I am having lots of issues and it needs to go!) I am going to go back to a double dose of the mini pill.

I don't know of any shortages in my area at the moment of any hrt.

Good luck with what you decide.

Take care, Bexs.

TJ1313

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2023, 02:22:56 PM »

What mini pill were you taking a double dose of? I didnt know that this was a thing, can't see my Dr knowing anything about that  ;D

Bexs

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2023, 05:16:08 PM »

I was taking cerazette. I have just been prescribed the POP again due to my mirena moving and it not protecting me for contraception anymore. This time I have been prescribed zelleta. I am taking one at the moment and as soon as gynae surgically remove my mirena I will take 2 a day.

My doctors are well aware of this an option for hrt and told me about it but, they did say it's not licensed for hrt use and that they had to make me aware of this. I did some "googling" and was absolutely fine with it. There are quite a few drugs out there that are beneficial for different uses to what they are licensed for. The choice is up to you.

Take care.

TJ1313

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2023, 07:48:14 AM »

Thats brilliant, thank you x I will go off and google it and see what the doctor says xx