Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Recalled after mammogram  (Read 1438 times)

trandall

Recalled after mammogram
« on: September 06, 2023, 07:33:09 PM »

As someone who is suffering from health anxiety since menopause started, I can’t believe that I’ve been recalled after a routine mammogram. I recently noticed a puffy bit in my armpit and GP sent me for an ultrasound and good news there was lymph nodes were totally normal now I’m worried that the puffy bit is still there and I’ve been recalled to breast clinic and have to wait to 19th anyone been recalled ?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Recalled after mammogram
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2023, 07:37:46 PM »

Is that about 2 weeks?  It may simply be that the film wasn't clear enough was this your first screening?  Sometimes when there aren't films to compare results against, anything that isn't clear will be recalled.  An ultra sound film is much better than mammogram but costs more.  If U are worried about the lymph nodes then discuss this at the appt.  They usually pop up when there is an infection.  Have U had a cold recently?

trandall

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2023, 07:46:24 PM »

I’ve only ever had one mammogram and it was about 6/7 years ago due to an itch. That was all good just a skin irritation. The leaflet says they will do an ultrasound and another mammogram and I will get results that day which is good. If they need to do biopsies I will need to wait for results so fingers crossed the worrying is hard to control for me 💕 thanks for replying

DottyD68

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2023, 08:50:46 PM »

Hi Trandall,
As a fellow HA sufferer I can imagine how you are feeling and sorry to hear it. I hate the whole process of going for tests and waiting for results. It's exhausting.
I hope and expect this is just a recall due to poor imaging as CLKD suggests. However if it doesn't turn out to be that, the positive is that its been picked up early and the medics are on the case and can do something to treat it.
Wishing you well and hope all goes ok on 19th X

tambourine queen

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2023, 09:03:41 PM »

I just wanted to pop on and offer support as I suffer from HA and it sucks! I am sure it’ll just be a routine recall but I get how you’ll be feeling. Try not to google stuff and be super compassionate to yourself. Keeping everything crossed. Xxx

Souris

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2023, 03:34:51 AM »

I’ve been called back twice after mammograms. It was so stressful and sent my anxiety through the roof, but both times it ended up being nothing. Once they said my breast tissue had overlapped a bit on the initial mammogram so they needed a redo of that section (but they didn’t tell me that until after!)

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2023, 06:06:29 AM »

Take a list of your worries with you.  Let us know how you get on.  I do wish that recalls had the reason pointed out. 

Jules

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2023, 03:37:47 PM »

As someone who is suffering from health anxiety since menopause started, I can’t believe that I’ve been recalled after a routine mammogram. I recently noticed a puffy bit in my armpit and GP sent me for an ultrasound and good news there was lymph nodes were totally normal now I’m worried that the puffy bit is still there and I’ve been recalled to breast clinic and have to wait to 19th anyone been recalled ?

I've been recalled twice. The first time I needed biopsies after which they concluded there was nothing suspicious,  the second time is very recently and it turned out it was just the way id been squashed in the machine. Both times though I was terrified waiting so I know exactly how you feel and no good anybody telling you not to worry, but just to say there are obviously different things that lead to a recall

trandall

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2023, 05:09:57 PM »

Hi lovely ladies I’m so grateful for all your replies and I’m staying positive as you ladies say just a check and I’m sure all will be well thanks again

trandall

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2023, 06:17:14 PM »

Hi ladies just wanted to say I went back to the recall today and everything is fine with mammogram thank goodness 😅 thanks for all the support. They confirmed that many ladies are recalled and it is normally just to double check something so you ladies that said that were correct thanks again

SarahT

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2023, 06:22:51 PM »

That's good news for you. You must feel so relieved.

I know health anxiety is a horrible symptom so thankfully this has turned out with a good result. And it's always nice to get an update from someone too.

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2023, 06:55:56 PM »

Tnx for the update.  You can get on with your C.mas shopping now  :whist:

Now the Dept has films for comparison at each visit. 

Jules

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2023, 01:03:06 PM »

Good news. I know how scary it is but bet you were relieved.

tambourine queen

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2023, 04:00:30 PM »

Brilliant news!!