Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: VA/urethra issues still!! Help!  (Read 3482 times)

simmyc

• First Flush
Re: VA/urethra issues still!! Help!
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2023, 05:34:43 AM »

Thank you for your replies Otter, Mrs Bennet and Lynne888. It really is a nightmare!

Just an update; I was on three days of antibiotics in case it was a UTI and while I was on those, things seemed better. There was no urinary urgency, no burning etc. however, now the course is finished I’m back where I started. I’ve been using Ovestin daily since Feb 22nd and have also been having an extra dose during the day sometimes but it’s still the same. I have some days where it seems almost gone (yesterday was a good day) then other days where it is horrendous (today). I’m so ground down with it that I’m weeping most days.

I’ve completed the form to ask Dr Currie for advice so fingers crossed she’s able to help. I will let you all know if I get any relief.

I know this is an old post but I have the same urinary issues and wondered if you got any success or relief MrsRoo?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2023, 08:44:19 AM »

MrsRoo has long gone.  Browse all the topics associated with vaginal atrophy; make notes.  Do read the 'bladder issues' thread too .

Jules

« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2023, 11:00:21 AM »

Yes, you can. You just push the "Contact" tab on the black bar at the top of the page. It costs £30, but for a private online consultation is so worth it if you can. It was a complete game-changer for me when I first started out. She will advise informatively and kindly.
I tried. She is booked up and not taking anymore questions

Jules

« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2023, 11:04:02 AM »

Making you aware that at present you can't request help via Dr Currie. Her workload is too big and she's not taking anymore questions,  at least when I tried the other day

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2023, 11:16:52 AM »

Some1 should be taking queries though as waiting lists for clinics are very long  :-\

Ayesha

« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2023, 11:38:23 AM »

The saying patience is a virtue can be applied when suffering symptoms of VA. I would say it can take a year and beyond for your body to repair with treatment. After that you will still have the odd flare up, being constant with the treatment is the only answer if everything else that could be going on has been ruled out. 
Pages: 1 2 [3]