Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Have I messed up my cycle  (Read 560 times)

peri_cat_lady

• First Flush
Have I messed up my cycle
« on: October 05, 2023, 04:02:44 PM »

Hello. New to HRT taking oestrogel and utrogestan. Had 2 appts with GP one about peri symptoms, next to take bloods. I then had to choose to get mirena or not, I chose not to initially to see how I got on with utrogestan. So had to phone the GP when choice made and I thought I would need another appt. To cut a long story short was prescribed the HRT without another appt so didn't have chance to speak to doctor about how to take it. Despite online research I think have f*d up.
Started oestrogel on Day 9 of cycle (I know now I should have waited until day 1). Took utrogestan on day 14 of cycle i.e 5 days later. Should I have taken it 14 days after I started oestrogel? Did I start a 'new' cycle on day 9?
I had a period on day 21, 7 days after starting utrogestan. I continued taking utrogestan for another 7 days - i.e. the 14 days as prescribed so in fact I stopped taking it on Day 8 of this cycle as another new cycle started on day 21(day 1)
I waited 14 days after stopping utrogestan to take again, this time on day 21 of new cycle. Now 7 days later on Day 27 I have another period.
Do I keep taking the utrogestan? Or stop now and start again on day 14 of this cycle.
sorry if I have made you confused, writing it out has made me more confused,
I want to get to a point where I take utrogestan on days 14-28 and then have a period after that. I think its strange that I have a period while still taking utrogestan. I thought that once you are on the 14 day break thats when you bleed.

Emma74

Re: Have I messed up my cycle
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2023, 05:55:50 PM »

Why don't you start again, of course I'm not an expert but you have only been on it a little while it may be worth stopping until the beginning of your next cycle so you can start with day 1?

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2023, 08:20:35 PM »

I found my own cycle was always stronger than the hrt one. I would start counting again on oestrogen only on first day of your bleed., that's day 1. Then add utro for days 15-26 and in theory at least you bleed again on day 1.

Penguin

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2023, 05:42:19 AM »

I'd do the same, stop everything for now and start again on day 1 of next bleed. I have set reminders in my phone calendar of when day 15 is and when day 26 is, in case my own cycle overrides. Luckily it hasn't yet, except by a day or so but it can be confusing hey x

peri_cat_lady

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2023, 08:24:22 AM »

turns out yesterday was a breakthrough bleed so haven't got period yet so will continue on. Yes I have all the dates logged on an app so keeping track of everything! hope this gets easier and I don't have to think about it.