Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Changing from cyclical to continuous regime  (Read 427 times)

Flossy

Changing from cyclical to continuous regime
« on: September 04, 2023, 10:05:21 AM »

Hello

I have been using Estradot patches for about 4 months now and trialling different progesterones as I was struggling with intolerance. Last month I used Cyclogest for 14 days and felt fine so I am thinking about going to a continuous regime and using Cyclogest 200mg every night as I would actually say I maybe even felt better on those 14 days and it is possibly better for my fibroids to be on continuous prog. What I am not sure about is when it's best to start the continuous progesterone - my doctor advised that when I do my next 2 weeks of Cyclogest to just continue with it after the 14 days but I can't help thinking would it be better to stop it, have the bleed, and then restart as soon as the bleed stops as that is when my lining is likely to be the thinnest, so starting the continuous regime with the lining at it's thinnest? I said this to my doctor and she said I could do that, it didn't really matter either way. Just wondered if anyone has any thoughts on / experience of this?

Thank you in advance for any help
Flossy

Hurdity

Re: Changing from cyclical to continuous regime
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2023, 11:16:49 AM »

Yes either way probably. If you carried on using it after the two weeks of the cycle - the progesterone woud eventually act to thin the lining which would take longer. Personally I would probsbly start say 4 days after the start of the bleed or something like that - so before the lining built up. Good luck with that!

Hurdity x

Flossy

Re: Changing from cyclical to continuous regime
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2023, 02:55:15 PM »

Thank you Hurdity, 4 days is a good idea - my bleed usually goes on for between 5 and 7 days (light after the first 2 days) so that would probably make sense. Thanks again for replying to my post!
Flossy