Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 1731 times)

LizzieH

• First Flush
« on: September 19, 2023, 10:26:46 AM »

Hi folks- my gp directed me to this site this morning after prescribing HRT for me- initially I’m trying Utrogestan tabs daily & Evorel patches 2x weekly. I went in desperation after suffering for nearly 3 years with the usual symptoms. By far the worst are the hot flushes & night itching but the mood swings- oh my word! The least little thing sets me off & I lose it! My 17yr old son said I’m a complete loony! Hubby predictably unsympathetic. Anyways, I just wanted to say hi 👋🏻

SarahT

Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2023, 10:37:07 AM »

Hiya Lizzie, welcome

Your son thinks you're a loon? Blimey he's better not meet some of us then! ;D

Take a look at the advice for husbands,your son can take a peek too of you can nail a 17 year old down. Sometimes I think if we don't know what's going on with us it would be hard for others to understand. Your hubby may be ignorant of peri or memo symptoms rather than Just unsympathetic?

Have a good browse about too, moods are undoubtedly my worse symptom. Lots of advice on here and support. Thumbs up for your gp sending you this  way too

Take care

Flossieteacake

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2023, 10:48:47 AM »

Hello and welcome to the forum. That is a great GP to recommend the forum. :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2023, 11:12:42 AM »

Morning and  :welcomemm:

Browse round.  Make notes. Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary is useful to chart progress.  Hang onto the GP  ;D

Also do read the 'bladder issues' thread as well as any related to vaginal atrophy: 4warned is 4armed ;-)

Ask away.

Penguin

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2023, 12:48:13 PM »

Welcome LizzieH, you have come to the right place here, we all support each other  through the challenging times and I frequently feel overwhelmed and like a bit of a loon!!