Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: How do you know what is shedding from thickening  (Read 511 times)

Donnal1964

How do you know what is shedding from thickening
« on: September 03, 2023, 08:52:25 PM »

I just wondered how can you tell if what you are going through is actually the lining being to thick and shedding. Over the last few weeks I seem to have dark stringy blood  varying from really dark to black when I wipe with small clots, these dwindle off during the day and often start to return until the afternoon of the next day then again goes to nothing again. This has been happening on and off for a couple of weeks but Dr doesn't seem worried about it. I don't know maybe after this long on peri its just my body having a final fling

sheila99

Re: How do you know what is shedding from thickening
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2023, 08:11:56 AM »

What are your periods doing? How long since the last one? Does this feel like one?  If you're post meno you should be referred under the 2 week pathway. I went though a phase where I had a small amount of old blood for about a week before the period started properly.

Donnal1964

Re: How do you know what is shedding from thickening
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2023, 12:29:56 PM »

Periods are dwindling off, can have one then miss for 2 or 3, then have ones that should be periods but really light. Dr says I am still in peri and its definetely not been 12 months since my last period sadly