Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Obtaining oestrogen patches above 100 mcg on the NHS.  (Read 2944 times)

meno-mel

• No ovarian function & I bleed cyclically on conti!
Re: Obtaining oestrogen patches above 100 mcg on the NHS.
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2023, 07:08:00 AM »

I’ve never been given a blood test for the whol,e time I’ve been on Hrt - is this standard or do people get one once a year?
Depends where you are, the NHS won't do them unless there's a special reason, like you aren't the expected age for your symptoms. Private clinics will if you pay them, of course.
If you're outside the UK then I don't know.

Teresa

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2023, 06:14:34 PM »

Hi Winterose,

No, you don’t have a blood test just because you are on HRT, but you can ask to get your estradiol tested, as they don’t ever offer you this unless you ask, especially now you’ve got a review.

As you said you hadn’t had anything tested for four years, it’s not a bad idea to ask for a full blood test either, as you’ve had nothing checked for so long, but perhaps it’s just me, I tend to like these things being checked now and then ( plus I have a few medical issues) some people though, prefer not to know.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2023, 06:16:29 PM by Teresa »

Gill67

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2023, 05:09:45 PM »

Hi Teresa, I was wondering how you were getting on with the Lenzetto now and if you've found the dosage sufficient?

I've only just seen your thread and am interested in the same thing, as I too have had to change my oestrogen dosage and type over the years to cope with returning symptoms. I started on Trisequens, then moved to Kliovance, then Kliofem, then Estrogel and now on Evorel 100 patches. I'm 55 now and after nearly a year doing well on the Evorel, the dreaded sweats are returning.

Seeing my GP on 8th September, but I know from past experience  they're reluctant to prescribe anything over the recommended dose, so I too have wondered how other ladies get the higher dose that they need without resorting to private treatment. So I'm reading up on here and reputable sites to arm myself with info in case I need to have some facts to help 'persuade' the GP to let me have a higher dose.

CKLD gave me some useful info earlier in the week about asking for a blood test to check oestrogen levels, but I've lost the post when that website glitch happened a couple of days ago, and now I don't know what test I should be asking for. Is it a test for oestrogen levels, or estradiol? Are they different things?

SarahT

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2023, 07:29:21 PM »

Not sure if this helps, but my NHS  gp was ok increasing my estradot to 125 despite it being off license. She has an interest in women's health particularly menopause and peri. ( I am still peri at 56) so far, after just over two months I seem a lot more stable on this dose. I had sore boobs for a bit, still do when period is due ( mirena, so no bleeds ) but am taking a high dose of evening primrose to help.
Hormonally speaking, I am feeling the best I have for 18 months or so.

Gill67

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2023, 12:31:33 PM »

Thank you for that sarah, that's good to know. I have an appt next week with GP to ask for a higher dose of Evorel Conti, as my awful sweats have returned (yet again) so hope springs eternal!

SarahT

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2023, 06:28:08 PM »

Good luck at your appt Gill,.let us know how you get on.
I am rubbish at working out blood tests and levels, but perhaps ask your gp to do bloods to check your levels?  It seems sometimes women have to almost be doctors ourselves fielding what may be going on in our own bodies.
I always try to arm myself, as you are doing prior to an appt, particularly a concise few notes of questions as I tend to forget them by then!
Pages: 1 [2]