Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Desperate!  (Read 602 times)

photo_jenny

Desperate!
« on: September 02, 2023, 08:25:27 AM »

I'm sorry to start a new thread ... but things are really bad.

I upped my estrogel from 2 pumps to 3 yesterday discussion with the GP and my anxiety/depression has reached an unbearable level. Could this be a side effect? Could it be my hormones adjusting? I'm hoping this is what it is.  Should I stick with it? I'm at a loss. I'll be seeing the GP again on Monday but I've got until then ...

Once again, apologies. I just didn't know where else to turn.

sheila99

Re: Desperate!
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2023, 08:33:48 AM »

Anxiety, particularly feeling jittery, can be a symptom of too much oestrogen as well as too little, not sure about the depression. Perhaps drop down to 2 and a bit pumps and build up more slowly? Sometimes the body needs time to adjust.

SarahT

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2023, 10:59:54 AM »

I know when I increased my oestrogen I was jittery for a few days before it settled down. Some women do seem sensitive to changes, as Sheila says maybe a gentler increase may work.

Unfortunately anxiety is a huge part of peri and meno for so many women. So you aren't alone in feeling this way ( and never feel you are at fault or weak, it's bloody hard and distressing sometimes)

Get ready for your appt on Monday, make some reminder notes so you can tell them how you feel and not forget any questions you have, this can help you feel a bit proactive and taking back a little bit of control over how you feel

I assure you many of us have felt like you do. X

photo_jenny

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2023, 11:20:18 AM »

Anxiety, particularly feeling jittery, can be a symptom of too much oestrogen as well as too little, not sure about the depression. Perhaps drop down to 2 and a bit pumps and build up more slowly? Sometimes the body needs time to adjust.

Hi, thanks for replying. I do a public facing job in retail and am all over the place (writing this in my break). The problem is that my anxiety directly leads to low mood. It's just the way it's always been for me. But anxiety/jitters are the actual root cause,  if you see what I mean. Anyway, I am going to take your advice and not jump in with both feet as it were.

Thanks again for getting back to me, I really appreciate it 🙏

photo_jenny

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2023, 11:27:20 AM »

I know when I increased my oestrogen I was jittery for a few days before it settled down. Some women do seem sensitive to changes, as Sheila says maybe a gentler increase may work.

Unfortunately anxiety is a huge part of peri and meno for so many women. So you aren't alone in feeling this way ( and never feel you are at fault or weak, it's bloody hard and distressing sometimes)

Get ready for your appt on Monday, make some reminder notes so you can tell them how you feel and not forget any questions you have, this can help you feel a bit proactive and taking back a little bit of control over how you feel

I assure you many of us have felt like you do. X

Thanks for your reply.  Anxiety has always been a major feature in my life, which could be why I am having an extreme reaction. And, for whatever reason (just lucky I guess!) this is followed by low mood almost immediately. But I know that anxiety is the root cause - I am almost shaking with it. I am going to take both of your advice and go more gradually. I am so pleased that I have an appointment on Monday ... I will go in fully armed!

Thanks again x