Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: New and some concerns  (Read 2205 times)

caithness

• First Flush
New and some concerns
« on: September 02, 2023, 12:37:50 PM »

Hi, glad to have found this forum and after some advice/reassurance.  I am 52 and started on Everol Sequi about 2 years ago as I was having some pretty normal symptoms - poor disturbed sleep, joint pain, nausea, anxiety etc.....  These all improved really quickly and I've been relatively ok, some niggles but nothing major.  Until last month.  Started waking again full of doom, terrible nausea, initially just on waking like morning sickness but is lasting longer at the moment.  Then I had a period as normal but then 4 days later another much longer and heavier one, now stopped. 

But the thing that is bothering me the most is muscle twitching in my face, I keep wrinkling my nose and screwing up my eyes.  It's feels like it's all I'm aware of and it's exhausting.  I feel really really anxious but not sure what came first the anxiety or the twitching!  I did go back to work this week after summer break and whilst there and distracted maybe noticed it less but today it's really bad and I feel so sick and yucky.  I haven't eaten properly for a few days due to the nausea.  So now health anxiety is kicking in really bad, something I've always struggled with to some degree.

Does anyone else have a similar experience?  Is it likely to be anxiety (there are quite a few things I know I'm bothered about but feel ordinarily I'd cope).  Do you think tweaking the HRT might help?  Something else? 

I spoke to a doctor yesterday, she's ordered a full blood check and then I have a face to face in a weeks time.  Thanks for reading  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: New and some concerns
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2023, 12:52:06 PM »

Welcome. 

Nausea can be a problem when 1st beginning HRT.  It may be that your regime needs a hike , something to ask your GP.

What blood tests have been arranged? 

Like U I am unable to eat when anxious = nausea.  Dried fruits and nuts; bananas; rice pudding from the tin; toast ........ the muscle twitching may be due to anxiety made worse because U R aware of it.  Anxiety may become worse during peri because of the rise/fall of hormone levels.

Sleep if you can.  Let your body rest. 

jaypo

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2023, 02:09:12 PM »

Hi and welcome 👋

I had terrible nausea,for ages,it was down to silent reflux.
There was a lady on here who had the same issue re the twitching,it was driving her crazy,don't really think there's much you can do about it tbh,anxiety doesn't help with it I'd imagine  :-\

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2023, 02:11:09 PM »

If your meno symptoms are returning you should ask for a higher dose of oestrogen.

Penguin

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2023, 02:15:36 PM »

Do you take any supplements? I wonder if some magnesium glycine would help you as it is a good muscle relaxant.

For nausea I always have crystallised ginger at home to suck on, even keep some by my bed for if I wake with hormonal nausea. Although I've found if it happens early morning, then a small snack, eg banana or some oat cakes with peanut butter, helps. Either way, eating little and often is the way to go. It could be hormones, low estrogen triggering cortisol causing the nausea. Or it could be as Jaypo says, silent reflux. If you think the latter, you could try a swig of gaviscon advance before bed. And then eat to dilute the acid when you wake up as it gives it something to work on in your tummy.

caithness

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2023, 07:34:16 PM »

Thank you for your replies and help.  I have tried some gaviscon today which helped a little.  Was so miserable went to the walk in centre rather than try and do battle with our GP in the morning.  He's given me so anti-nausea med but also thinks I have oral thrush! Hopefully I'll start to perk up soon and be able to eat something decent. HRT review booked for a week Monday and Dr has asked for full bloods first.

jaypo

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2023, 08:20:04 PM »

Hope yo get it sorted  :)