Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Scary times and allergic to pregestrigone apparently  (Read 1851 times)

Crip

• First Flush
Scary times and allergic to pregestrigone apparently
« on: August 29, 2023, 11:14:11 AM »

Hello.

Hopefully everyone well. I’m a 43 year old with Eds and POTS. I was told I had menopause from my symptoms and was given many different hrt all with bad side effects, after waiting for a year I was able to see a gynaecologist because I was having crazy bleeding and pain that resulted to trip to the hospital.
Anyway they now say I’m allergic to pregestrigone and they put me on tibolone but I am crazy tired with it and only just able to stay awake for 2 hours at a time.
It only not even 2 weeks. Does it get better, is it worth me adding the gel for the other hormones to help with energy levels.
Apparently this was given to me instead of having to wait a year or more for a hysterectomy which isn’t ideal.
Please help I am very scared and lost.

Flossieteacake

Re: Scary times and allergic to pregestrigone apparently
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2023, 11:19:44 AM »

Hello Crip and a warm welcome to the forum. I am sorry to hear what happened to you. That does sound very scary.

Do you think you are allergic to progesterone? I have not heard of an allergy to it but I have heard of intolerance which is usually determined after trying a few different types.

It sounds to me like it would be helpful for your GP to refer you to an NHS menopause clinic as they will be able to give you more advice.

Would you like to say more about the meno symptoms you were experiencing?

Could your heavy bleeding be due to the EDS?

SarahT

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2023, 11:54:29 AM »

He!lo Crip,welcome

Am sorry I cannot help regarding tibolone, may be worth putting this into the search bar  to see others experiences on this?
I am sorry that you are having such a bad time. All this hormonal Crap can make us feel very scared and vulnerable. But this forum is full off support and advice,and whilst our own regime and symptoms may differ, you will know you are not alone.
Take care

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2023, 01:23:11 PM »

:welcomemm:

What is Eds? and many are intolerant to progesterone.

Tiredness often comes with perimenopause.  The body suddenly depletes in hormones and crashing fatigue is common - I remember my Mum suddenly switching off the evening meal, sitting down and sleeping for hours.

As for being tired, when did you last have a thyroid function and VitD levels blood test? 

As for hysterectomy, if that's the route you want to go down, then contact the Hospital to see what the actual waiting list is and whether there is likely to be a cancellation appt that you could take?  Bearing in mind the on-going strikes  >:(

Let us know how you get on.