Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Has anyone been able to get hold of green topped Oestrogel?  (Read 889 times)

Moog77

Has anyone been able to get hold of green topped Oestrogel?
« on: August 30, 2023, 01:05:07 PM »

My understanding is the slimmer bottles were temporary to support shortages.

Dont want to open up a debate about whether the dosage or formulation is different but was just wondering if anyone has still been able to get the green topped wider bottles?

discogirl

Re: Has anyone been able to get hold of green topped Oestrogel?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2023, 01:16:01 PM »

Hi Moog77

No mine have all been the slimmer white topped bottles x

Moog77

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2023, 08:41:15 PM »

Hi Moog77

No mine have all been the slimmer white topped bottles x

I have managed to source the green topped bottles today after ringing round.

Interestingly, I was in the middle of explaining why I was looking for them in particular when the person on the end of the phone stopped me and said if this is because your symptoms are coming back then we are seeing other customers experiencing this. To the extent they are escalating/reporting it. She also said we have been told there is no difference etc but the number of women reporting issues can't be ignored so that was quite interesting.

Just for clarity I have seen many comments about how it is purely the bottle that has changed and the foil packaging inside is the same.....I have a photo showing that's not the case but dont know how to attach it!!!!!

Maxwell

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2023, 08:51:33 PM »

I had the same problem. There's a thread on Mumsnet about it. It's going on for months snd it has almost 500 posts.

https://www.mumsnet.com/talk/menopause/4696464-oestrogel-new-packaging-yet-again?page=1

Moog77

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2023, 10:12:22 AM »

Interesting isnt it?

Im back on green and feel better. Honestly I cant see how I can psychologically make my boobs sore or make my uterus cramp. I know the mind/body connection is strong but there is something different.

Like I say I have a photo of another user opening up the bottles and showing that the internal storage and possibly pump look different. Understand they can look different and still dispense the same but I cannot argue with how I feel. I'd rather NOT be reacting differently trust me its such a pain but it is what it is.

Jenna

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2023, 10:33:11 AM »

Interesting isnt it?

Im back on green and feel better. Honestly I cant see how I can psychologically make my boobs sore or make my uterus cramp. I know the mind/body connection is strong but there is something different.

Like I say I have a photo of another user opening up the bottles and showing that the internal storage and possibly pump look different. Understand they can look different and still dispense the same but I cannot argue with how I feel. I'd rather NOT be reacting differently trust me its such a pain but it is what it is.

Hi Moog77,

There is actually a photo of this on the Mumsnet thread mentioned by Maxwell if anyone would like to see it.  :)

Dizzy me

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2023, 07:10:19 PM »

I’m using one of the white top bottles I felt fine at first but now I’m getting period cramps and don’t feel so good.

Maxwell

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2023, 05:44:58 PM »

Dizzy me, do you have any other symptoms? Are period cramps a symptom of low or high oestrogen levels? Are you peri or post menopause?

Hopeful2

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2023, 08:09:19 PM »

Hi ladies

I've been blaming trying to up my oestrogel for my return of symptoms & heavy bleeding for 3 whole weeks, but this has only happened since starting the new shaped bottle of oestrogel. I did think it was different as the gel dried quicker. Am so upset with myself that I didnt realise before now as hard to believe this could happen with quality checks, it was so difficult to get up to 2 pumps because of side effects. Feel like I'm back to square one 😓. IS THERE ANYWAY THIS IS JUST A FAULTY BATCH? Or can we not use oestrogel now anymore. Been the only one so far I can tolerate. I have another bottle with different batch number is there any point trying it, as it is also the new shaped bottle?