Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Nightmares  (Read 3818 times)

Wrensong

Re: Nightmares
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2023, 10:45:48 AM »

The GP consultation sounds helpful & positive Penguin, with the agreed increase in Oestrogel & Citalopram.  How do you feel about it?

Good that the breast exam was normal  :).  Can you wear a nice soft bra for at least a few days, if that's supportive enough for you?
Wx

Penguin

« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2023, 10:46:24 AM »

A very little amount will ease the soreness.  It won't matter as you will be washing it off ......... or Savlon?

I don't have salon, but I do have gentleness cream, is that the same? It is an antiseptic and a pain reliever.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2023, 10:47:51 AM »

Try and C if Sudacrem gives relief, if not, it can be rinsed off.    I wouldn't worry about blocking pores at this stage. 

Penguin

« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2023, 10:51:28 AM »

The GP consultation sounds helpful & positive Penguin, with the agreed increase in Oestrogel & Citalopram.  How do you feel about it?

Good that the breast exam was normal  :).  Can you wear a nice soft bra for at least a few days, if that's supportive enough for you?
Wx

Lol my books are a b at most so a crop top would be supportive enough so yes, good idea!

I feel pretty positive actually. I did 1.5 pumps yesterday and the day before with no indigestion. Didn't help much but then I was in such a state I wouldn't have been able to tell. I did two pumps this morning and now I've calmed down, we'll see. Had two crumpets with cheese and no indigestion though so a good sign! I am waiting until tomorrow to start the higher citalopram when it's just a family day in case I get side effects. I'm actually feeling much more positive as we are trying things and GP didn't make me feel it was utrogestan or nothing. Still need to work on sleep, so may rethink evening routine too. TV before bed given it is mainly crime dramas we watch might not be the best things.

Penguin

« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2023, 10:52:50 AM »

Try and C if Sudacrem gives relief, if not, it can be rinsed off.    I wouldn't worry about blocking pores at this stage.

Good point. Given what I've been doing to them that'd be the least of my worries 😟

SarahT

« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2023, 10:56:56 AM »

Am glad you had a supportive appt today penguin. You sound positive and encouraged after a hard and vulnerable week. Good luck with it all. X

Penguin

« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2023, 11:04:30 AM »

Thanks everyone, really appreciate all the support. This is the first and only forum I've ever joined,  took me a year of lurking, but I'm glad I did!

Wrensong

« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2023, 11:17:54 AM »

That's good that you feel positive Penguin.  You've had a really tough few days, but you dealt with it & now there are sensible changes you can try.   I lived in crop tops for years, being v slight, so I know just what you mean!    :medal: to GP & hubby & hug to you.  Keep posting.  You give good, thoughtful advice & I'm sure you are already well valued here.
Wx

Penguin

« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2023, 02:10:14 PM »

That's good that you feel positive Penguin.  You've had a really tough few days, but you dealt with it & now there are sensible changes you can try.   I lived in crop tops for years, being v slight, so I know just what you mean!    :medal: to GP & hubby & hug to you.  Keep posting.  You give good, thoughtful advice & I'm sure you are already well valued here.
Wx

Thank you Wrensong,  that really means a lot, and I'm pleased to report sleep much better last night with the two pumps, I slept until nearly 5am and then went back to sleep at 6am for another hour, so I had about 8 hours total and I don't remember any nightmares!

I only increased the citalopram by half the amount the GP wanted me to though as I was wary of side effects so took 15mg instead of 20mg, but I did the two pumps of gel today and no adverse effects so that's good. I wonder if the extra estrogen has helped balance the ratio between estrogen and progesterone a bit more. Hopefully so.

AngelaH

« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2023, 02:16:40 PM »

Gosh that sounds horrible. Yes a mirena has been suggested to me before as  way to manage the extreme pms I used to get. I'm concerned about how difficult it seems to be to get the nhs to remove them when they cause problems. There are ladies on here having that issue at the moment and I'd hate to be stuck with it. Seeing GP tomorrow now though, so hopefully he'll have some suggestions.

Yes, it was horrible experience for me, I was scared. It was GPs mistake to prescribe me such high dose of estrogen without taking into account that I have history of low progesterone, was doing fine with my own estrogen and was on progesterone only HRT for number of years.

In my case I did not even think how dangerous Mirena can be in some cases, my symptoms were too severe and became to dangerous for my life, Dr suggested Mirena would be the best option for me.

Penguin, I hope you will eventually find your own right way of treatment. Good luck.  :)

Wrensong

« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2023, 02:23:26 PM »

The much better, nightmare-free night is so good to know about Penguin.  Yes, possibly the extra oestrogen is what you need for a better balance.  Two pumps is a fairly standard starting dose, I'm sure you know, but of course also depends on how well you are absorbing it.  Understandable that you were cautious with the Citalopram increase & you can go up to 20mg when you're ready if you feel you need to.  Thank you for the update  :).  Everything crossed you are on the right track for a sustained improvement.
Wx
Pages: 1 2 [3]