Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Help please - need help to decipher what's happening  (Read 1323 times)

SarahT

Re: Help please - need help to decipher what's happening
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2023, 07:49:05 PM »

I think slowly like that is better for you some are more sensitive to changes in regime.

My hernia was diagnosed about 6 years ago, though the symptoms were going on long before that. As I was on the omperazole at diagnosis it is hard for me to know if hormones affect it.... BUT I was probably in early stages of peri at that point without even knowing what peri was! Like Manny of us I didn't have a clue about peri\meno  So maybe hormones did make it worse?

Maybe over the next rabble now as you adjust your dose,stay away from any known food triggers thanks give you indigestion in normal circumstances?

Let us know how you get on. Also you say you panic at changes that appear when you later your hrt. Maybe worth making a little note of when this happens so you become more aware that this is actually a normal symptom for you and when you re-read this it may lessen anxiety?

Penguin

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2023, 07:55:09 PM »

I think slowly like that is better for you some are more sensitive to changes in regime.

My hernia was diagnosed about 6 years ago, though the symptoms were going on long before that. As I was on the omperazole at diagnosis it is hard for me to know if hormones affect it.... BUT I was probably in early stages of peri at that point without even knowing what peri was! Like Manny of us I didn't have a clue about peri\meno  So maybe hormones did make it worse?

Maybe over the next rabble now as you adjust your dose,stay away from any known food triggers thanks give you indigestion in normal circumstances?

Let us know how you get on. Also you say you panic at changes that appear when you later your hrt. Maybe worth making a little note of when this happens so you become more aware that this is actually a normal symptom for you and when you re-read this it may lessen anxiety?

Thanks yes that is a good idea. My counsellor suggested it but I didn't do it as I thought I may become obsessive about it (a lot of my health anxiety is quote similar to OCD apparently in that I get these compulsions at time to document or check etc), but in this instance it may be helpful amd reassuring especially if I see a pattern emerging- I'm sure there is one.

Can you remember what your initial hernia  symptoms were please, and did they have to do an endoscopy to diagnose?

SarahT

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2023, 08:07:57 PM »

I used to get the worse indigestion then ,heartburn so bad I thought I was having a heart attack. I could only relieve it my making myself sick.. An endoscopy was done, but I had an anaesthetic so felt nothing at all.

I did a check to see what foods or drinks can worsen it, though it's different for everyone I guess and cut them out or reduced them. I am fine with the medication but still avoid those foods.

I understand not to get too compulsive on a diary, but it has helped me understand patterns and that actually then calms me, despite the awful symptoms.

Penguin

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2023, 08:13:22 PM »

I used to get the worse indigestion then ,heartburn so bad I thought I was having a heart attack. I could only relieve it my making myself sick.. An endoscopy was done, but I had an anaesthetic so felt nothing at all.

I did a check to see what foods or drinks can worsen it, though it's different for everyone I guess and cut them out or reduced them. I am fine with the medication but still avoid those foods.

I understand not to get too compulsive on a diary, but it has helped me understand patterns and that actually then calms me, despite the awful symptoms.

Yes I agree, thank you. I'll start that tomorrow and note any changes from the estrogen increase. I've had no upper tummy indigestion for weeks so if it starts tomorrow then it is far too big a coincidence!
Pages: 1 [2]