Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Mona Lisa Touch  (Read 1186 times)

Jules

Mona Lisa Touch
« on: August 31, 2023, 08:52:14 PM »

Has anybody heard of this type of lazer treatment for VA? Ive been reading about VA causes, symptoms etc and this came up as a treatment. Im sure its something you have to pay for obviously.  This condition has dominated my thoughts this week since reading how bad it is for some women on here and worrying thats what I have in store. Ive felt so despondent and wondering what awful changes the next year will bring me,  This forum has been
 really helpful, but it has also started off new anxieties about things I didnt know about and Ive lost all my optimism

Taz2

Re: Mona Lisa Touch
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2023, 07:07:51 AM »

This is mentioned in lots of threads if you do a search and a few members have tried it . This is an informative one https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,40056.0.html#msg635249

Taz x

Jules

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2023, 07:56:54 AM »

This is mentioned in lots of threads if you do a search and a few members have tried it . This is an informative one https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,40056.0.html#msg635249

Taz x

Thankyou. I've just read it. Mine isn't that severe.. yet anyway. Its unbelievable what women have to cope with. I'm not sure how anyone can question what a woman is, or why anybody would want to be one.

Dierdre

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2023, 08:54:44 AM »

I thought your local estrogen was working  Jules? There's no reason that you are going to get worse, are you managing with the dose you are on now?

Kathleen

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2023, 09:46:28 AM »

Hello Jules

I hope you find the information that you are looking for but I wanted to reassure you that vaginal atrophy isn't a problem for everyone.

I am a long way post meno and any VA I have is minor. I use about 50mcg of gel as my HRT but I don't need any topical treatments.
The only time I fully appreciated what some ladies experience was when I came off HRT altogether and even then I found that otc creams etc worked well. I had other meno symptoms so I returned to HRT but the little dryness and soreness quickly resolved on a very low dose of Oestrogen.

I hope this helps you to see that we don't get every symptom in the book and there are some symptoms that by pass us altogether!

Wishing you well and take care.

K.

Jules

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2023, 06:25:47 PM »

Hello Jules

I hope you find the information that you are looking for but I wanted to reassure you that vaginal atrophy isn't a problem for everyone.

I am a long way post meno and any VA I have is minor. I use about 50mcg of gel as my HRT but I don't need any topical treatments.
The only time I fully appreciated what some ladies experience was when I came off HRT altogether and even then I found that otc creams etc worked well. I had other meno symptoms so I returned to HRT but the little dryness and soreness quickly resolved on a very low dose of Oestrogen.

I hope this helps you to see that we don't get every symptom in the book and there are some symptoms that by pass us altogether!

K.

I do have VA. Everything has changed below my knicker-line. I'm managing but certainly don't look as I did. My GP said it will get worse, the estrogen can delay it though. Not very reassuring is it but thankfully I've spoken to a lady on this forum with the same issues and who has given me some optimism.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2023, 07:54:44 PM »

Hello Jules

K.

I do have VA. Everything has changed below my knicker-line. I'm managing but certainly don't look as I did. My GP said it will get worse, the estrogen can delay it though. Not very reassuring is it but thankfully I've spoken to a lady on this forum with the same issues and who has given me some optimism.

I do not think it is right to say it will only get worse. As long as you keep up with regular treatment then it should remain stable. I am really sorry you are so worried about VA and all it entails. It sounds like your treatment is doing a great job of keeping the symptoms stable. You can actually have sex without pain which is wonderful. :)

Jules

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2023, 07:58:26 AM »

Hello Jules
It's hard to know what to believe. I've been using vagifem for a year. It hasn't stopped the external atrophy which is very purturbing. I wasn't prescribed ovestin. My last internal exam showed thinning still though she said it would have been worse without the estrogen.  I'm using ovestin now. I'm seeing a different doctor on Tuesday so I will see if it's a different opinion.  I'm also having a scan this month. Yes I still manage a good sex session but wonder for how long. I still worry about side effects of using estrogen.  I'm going to increase my dose because my current regime isn't helping externally but I don't know if its safe to do so

K.

I do not think it is right to say it will only get worse. As long as you keep up with regular treatment then it should remain stable. I am really sorry you are so worried about VA and all it entails. It sounds like your treatment is doing a great job of keeping the symptoms stable. You can actually have sex without pain which is wonderful. :)

Dierdre

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2023, 08:40:03 PM »

I've had VA 8 years now and was in a mess before treatment but the VA hasn't got worse since I started local estrogen. In fact some things have improved, I had a prolapse and estrogen and physiotherapy have sorted that now. The skin is no longer dark and thin and would split easily. Estrogen doesn't cure VA but it replaces what we no longer can produce ourselves.

Jules

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2023, 04:28:55 PM »

I've had VA 8 years now and was in a mess before treatment but the VA hasn't got worse since I started local estrogen. In fact some things have improved, I had a prolapse and estrogen and physiotherapy have sorted that now. The skin is no longer dark and thin and would split easily. Estrogen doesn't cure VA but it replaces what we no longer can produce ourselves.

Thankyou. I'm going to use vagifem 3 times a week and ovestin every night and see how that goes