Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: 2 missed periods  (Read 665 times)

Slinks27

2 missed periods
« on: August 29, 2023, 12:10:05 PM »

Not had a period for over 2 months now and wondering if there done. I allso have suspected Adenomyosis and possibly endometriosis. Got all the symptoms that it's coming but 4 days late  now and in awful pain. Don't know if I have a question as such but has anybody had a similar experience. Not on HRT.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: 2 missed periods
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2023, 01:17:18 PM »

Has the adenomyosis and endometriosis been clinically diagnosed ? 

My periods waxed and waned and certainly some have cyclical symptoms without a 'show'.  What have you taken for the pain?

Slinks27

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2023, 02:16:04 PM »

Adenomyosis was suspected after an ultrasound and had MRI just over a week ago but  not had the results yet. My consultant seems keen to do a laparoscopy. I have an appointment with her next week to discuss results of MRI and the next step. Just taking paracetamol as cant take anti inflammatory meds due to asthma and codine makes me feel spaced out. Ive been in horrendous pain for the last 7 days but still nothing. Its worse not having a bleed

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2023, 03:50:33 PM »

Where are you in menopause? In peri menopause it is usual for you to get symptoms of a period starting but the nothing happens. You can miss a few months and then go back to being regular again. You can have heavy or light periods, short or long and this is all considered normal. I went for nine months without a period and was happily thinking this was the end of periods for me and then they began again and were regular for another two years. After that I missed a few then had periods really close together and then, because of the hot flushes, I gave up and started HRT. I was 53 then and have no idea when my periods would have finally stopped.

I'm sorry you are in a lot of pain. Laparoscopy is the only way to fully investigate for endo and adenomyosis but I expect you already know that. My daughter in law has had repeated laparoscopies to try to remove all of her adhesions but this has left her with constant pain and chronic pelvic pain syndrome. She is unable to work and is only in her early forties. She wishes she had quizzed her consultant further as to what use a proper diagnosis would be as she seems to be in a worse position now than before so it is good that you have an appointment scheduled to talk it all through.

Taz x  :hug:

Slinks27

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2023, 04:14:50 PM »

Hi Taz, thanks for your reply. I'm definitely peri, think I have since my late 30's, now 47. The past 3 years have been the worst. Always had painful period but over the last 3 years is when I started noticing the pain getting worse. I've had to fight with GP's and gyne for them to take my pain seriously, its honestly been a nightmare. One GP told me it was all in my head so I complained to the surgery and NHS England and since then I've been listened to thankfully but it's still such a long drawn out process. I'm currently unable to work as constantly in pain, some days worse than others but this extreme pain I've got now has been there for 7 days so far it's awful. I applied for PIP and they scored me 0 on everything apart from moving around where I got a 4. Everyday is a battle right now and HRT didn't sit right with me and the estrogen side made pain worse. X

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2023, 06:47:35 PM »

Did U kick that GP in the ........  >:( How DARE he/she   :stretcher:

I had excruciating pain every month.  I feel for you.  Have you considered 'feminax' I think it's called, pain relief.

Cara999

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2023, 07:46:39 AM »

I've been experiencing something similar, for the past few months ive had really bad pain and no bleed. Femnex helps with the pain. I'd prefer to get my period as normally the pain then subsides. It's a nightmare xx

Slinks27

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2023, 08:43:55 AM »

Oh the joys! Can't take Feminax as it has ibuprofen in and aggravates my asthma so a bit stuck really. Just keep plodding on

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2023, 08:48:59 AM »

Morning.  Would a gel be more appropriate?