Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Patches don’t stick for a day  (Read 412 times)

Obobal

Patches don’t stick for a day
« on: August 29, 2023, 06:01:08 PM »

Couldn’t get my gel and pill so agreed to the evorel conti patches temporarily. They just don’t stick.

I only put it on last night. I gently warmed it, placed it perfectly, have barely moved today thanks to being unwell and it’s all come away at the edges (more than half unstuck).

I’d previously tried the patch with another clear sticky dressing on top but it would cause the skin to sweat meaning the patch came unstuck but the dressing on top didn’t. The only place it stayed put was my pelvic area but it cause my skin to tear when removing (multiple operation scars).

I don’t know why this won’t stick to me. Skin is clean and dry (and exfoliated!!)  Would a smaller sized patch stick better perhaps? Is there smaller than the evorel patches?

Flossieteacake

Re: Patches don’t stick for a day
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2023, 06:45:16 PM »

Did you try Tegaderm dressings? Apologises if you have. They are the only way I can get patches to stick on me. I think it depends on our skin type. I seem to have the kind of skin they do not stick to.

I have also found the buttock or lower back is the best place for me to put my patch. They would never stay on my thighs.

Taz2

Re: Patches don’t stick for a day
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2023, 08:16:18 PM »

It can be a problem to get patches to stick although Evorel, in my experience, do stick well. It sounds as if you have followed all of the instructions which makes it really frustrating for you. I put mine towards the top of my buttock and hold it firmly in place with a warm palm for a couple of minutes. You do have to press it firmly. Estradot are smaller than Evorel so you might like to try those but you would have to add a separate progesterone as I don't think they come in conti form. It's worth checking that though as I may be wrong. Fuzzy post-covid brain - well that's my excuse  ;D

Taz x