Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Newbie needs advice  (Read 1609 times)

Holyox10!

• First Flush
Newbie needs advice
« on: August 15, 2023, 04:31:25 PM »

Hello newbie here, I've been given fluoxetine 20 mg to help the mood swings, hot flushes, apparently will help with my memory over time. I have been told I can take a menopause tablet supplement as well but there are so many out there I don't know where to start. To help with fatigue etc anyone know of anything that really works please. :-\

SarahT

Re: Newbie needs advice
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2023, 04:42:07 PM »

Just wanted to say hello and welcome!

Am sorry I don't know about menopause supplements, but until someone with knowledge of these come won't may be worth a look at the section for alternative therapies? May get some ideas from there.
Take care

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Newbie needs advice
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2023, 05:07:28 PM »

:welcomemm:   Who suggested that you should take a 'menopause tablet supplement'? 

MayB tell us how old you are, how your periods are behaving, are the hot flushes often ......... R the mood swings cyclical?   Have U had mental health problems in the past?  I would sob the night B4 a bleed began, even if a period wasn't due.  I would also have 'the runs', 10 mins. B4 a bleed: again even if a period wasn't due.  I knew that this was 'within normal limits' for me as it happened monthly.

When did U begin the 'fluoxetine'?  It may take a while to feel a difference.