Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: 6.00am kick off  (Read 2341 times)

Midnight Shadow

6.00am kick off
« on: August 29, 2023, 08:36:33 AM »

Can someone answer this question? Recent flare up of Atrophy, has been somewhat challenging with my thrush and aches and pains. Examined a fortnight ago by a Lady Doctor who said I was very dry and lacking in Oestrogen again. The aches and pains are no longer keeping me awake, so grateful for that. Hopefully the estriol cream is now taking effect. But each morning at about 6.00am the ache is back and lasts maybe 2/3 hours. Another doctor last week said I need to give the estriol cream several weeks to take effect. How does my body know when it is 6.00 am? It is as though the muscles start to wake up. At least I am sleeping well. Can’t have it always. Has this happened to anyone else? Replies appreciated.

Flossieteacake

Re: 6.00am kick off
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2023, 08:46:15 AM »

Sorry to hear you are in so much pain. How about changing the time you take the cream? Maybe you could use the cream later or even at 6 AM.

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2023, 08:54:59 AM »

That’s worth a try,hadn’t thought of that. Will try tomorrow morning. Maybe use half the amount at night and the other half in the morning. Will see how that goes. Guess it’s all trial and error. At least I can now use the estriol cream, before I couldn’t, so that’s a step forward. Thank you for responding. Have a nice day.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2023, 09:01:10 AM »

Sometimes I need to use it twice a day. This morning is one of those days. I am very sore and have just applied some Ovestin.

Thank you. I hope you have a nice day too. :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2023, 10:19:39 AM »

It may be that your bladder is needing to be emptied so it's a habit of 6.00 a.m. ?  Then the muscles all seem to join in as the body wakes.

Use more of the VA cream, perhaps 1 mid afternoon and again in the evening for a couple of days?  It's a bit Trial and Error, sadly.

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2023, 10:35:13 AM »

Thanks for your response CLKD. Going to try using the estriol a little more frequently, to see if that helps. Like you say it’s all trial and error. I know it will right itself eventually. Need to be more patient. Take care.

Ayesha

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2023, 12:44:09 PM »

That's the problem with treating VA, it does take a lot of patience when you are at the beginning of treatment. It can take months of constant use of Vagifem, Ovestin to show results. You get there in the end but you need the patience of a saint!

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2023, 01:07:11 PM »

Thanks Ayesha, yes it does take a lot of patience. I have had Atrophy for the past 8/9 years and just when I thought I had it under control a flare up happens. Don’t think the thrush has helped and it has exacerbated the Atrophy. Thank you for responding.

Dierdre

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2023, 05:07:21 PM »

Thrush definately upsets the balance and it's like being back to square one again. It's taken me months to get back on track again after recurring thrush and I'd been ok for quite a few years before thrush.

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2023, 06:11:37 PM »

Thanks Deirdre for that info. I am to take another swab into the Doctors next week. Think it is thrush that has upset the balance and caused a flare of my Atrophy.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2023, 06:43:26 PM »

What is causing candida overgrowth?  There must be a reason .......... thrives on sugars.

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2023, 07:00:48 PM »

I don’t know what has caused the Candida overgrowth. I barely eat sugary foods. In fact I eat very healthily.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2023, 07:04:02 PM »

I had antibiotics for the first time when I was 20 and I had constant thrush as a result. It was a total nightmare and the GP actually apologised for putting me on them due to the thrush.

This is just an idea but do you take probiotics? I wondered if they may help you build up your good bacteria as thrush can really wipe that out.

When I have thrush now, my VA flares and it takes me a while to get it under control. I really hope the VA flare calms soon for you.

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2023, 07:18:03 PM »

Thanks Flossieteacake for your kind words. I have just started taking a probiotic so hopefully that will help. I have had thrush before when on antibiotics, but not in recent years.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2023, 07:19:24 PM »

Thanks Flossieteacake for your kind words. I have just started taking a probiotic so hopefully that will help. I have had thrush before when on antibiotics, but not in recent years.

Oh great! I have a feeling that will help you a lot. :)