Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Despair  (Read 3777 times)

Nas

Re: Despair
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2023, 04:54:57 PM »

Thanks partner.

The mirena nurse phoned and is arranging a removal appointment.

Oh crikey, I’m dreading all this. What happens if I totally crash, need to go back on HRT, then start bleeding due to insufficient progesterone protection ( the reason why I opted for a mirena to begin with !)

How are you today ? 🌷x

Penguin

« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2023, 04:56:51 PM »

Nas that is good need, at least something is happening in the system! Hope appointment is soon, did she give you any indication?

Nas

« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2023, 05:05:34 PM »

No indication penguin, but at least things are moving ( I hope !)

Bexs

« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2023, 06:02:34 PM »

Nas,

I am going to go back to taking a double dose of the POP. I don't get on with utrogestan it just makes me bleed and bleed as soon as I start taking it and I have pretty much the same with Provera although not quite as bad! The POP suited me well until I had to go on patches due to the Oestrogel shortage. Then I got a bad case of food poisoning and it all went belly up!

I definitely want to stay on hrt as I feel so much better than I did. I do feel some of my symptoms are due to low oestrogen but this is only a guess. Someone told me you could feel bad if oestrogen is too high or too low but, I have tried cutting back on my 4 pumps but I just feel worse!

As for the fibroid......one out or all out!  ;D ;D I have got to the point I have had enough and don't really care. I just want the pain and bleeding to end and feel like myself again.

Take care.

SarahT

« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2023, 06:03:15 PM »

Hey Nas,
Focus on that positive point. One step at a time, get the Mirena out first. I doubt you would be able to go back on hrt without an adequate progesterone for protection. This needs to be discussed maybe at the point of coil removal.
You have your appt in the offing as well. I am no ex pert, so someone please jump in here, but do some women not take oestrogen only for a VERY limited time whilst sorting progesterone?
I realise this could cause a further imbalance, with too much oestrogen, and of course no progesterone over a longer time could affect thickness of womb lining.
My advice such as it is, is don't panic, things are happening. coil removal due, appt 're fibroid due, then time to sort your be st hrt  needs.

Hang in there girl, things are moving in the right direction. X

Bexs

« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2023, 06:07:58 PM »

Nas,

I have just read what Sarah T put and agree totally. Focus on the positive. One step at a time. Things are moving in the right direction. Hang in there. You've got this.

Bexs

« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2023, 06:26:49 PM »

Nas,

Have you got an appointment yet?

Nas

« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2023, 07:00:48 PM »

Hey Bexs
Yes the appointments person phoned today. I’ve an appointment next Wednesday. This is going to be due to the post meno bleeding last week.

Somehow, I’ve got to get down to the fact that I’ve got a fibroid which I want removed, along with the mirena and going forward, a complete hysterectomy.

I simply cannot take HRT comfortably with all these issues going on ( not sure I even want to take HRT for all the bother it’s caused!)

Sarah you are right. If the mirena goes, what will replace it? I did get on with utrogestan, but it didn’t control my bleeding at all ( hence the mirena). I don’t know how long I’d get away with no progesterone ( but would probably bleed anyway!)

In truth, I don’t want to take HRT. The stress it brings in trying to strike a balance is all too consuming now. I may think differently if I had a hysterectomy however!

Anyway, I shall document all my wishes and questions in my notebook and trot along to the appointment next week.

Thanks for your words of wisdom and of course, ongoing support. Believe it or not, I don’t have too many people to discuss the nitty gritty of menopause with in real life! Xxxx

Nas

« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2023, 07:06:01 PM »

Bexs
I am totally with you re: wanting the bleeding and pain to stop. It’s so debilitating for sure.

If the Pop works for you, get back on it quickly I would. It’s not easy to strike the winning combination.

When is your coil eviction day? Next Thursday? Will be thinking of you and hope it will be a smooth transaction! 🤞🤞🤞

Penguin

« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2023, 07:15:15 PM »

Oh Nas great news you have got an appointment! Do you reckon they might be able to take the mirena out at the same time? I know what you mean about not wanting to be on hrt.

Nas

« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2023, 07:19:33 PM »

Hey penguin
How’s it going?

Well, i can ask for a removal I guess. Whether they will or not, is another matter!

Bexs

« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2023, 06:08:32 AM »

Yes Nas, 

mirena's eviction day is next Thursday!!  ;D ;D I really don't think they will be able to get it out with the missing strings in the doctors. I can see it being a hospital job and who knows how long that will take to get an appointment for??? I have the POP ready to go but don't know whether to start taking it now? Or wait to see if mirena definitely goes? I don't want to overdose on progesterone as it seems to be the most likely  hormone to makes ladies feel like pants from what I've read on here!

On a positive note I have had my referral letter for gynae. I have picked a hospital and filled the online form in to request an appointment. So hopefully it won't be too long. 🤞🤞

I will be thinking of you next Wednesday and hope it goes well. Take care.

Penguin

« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2023, 06:19:32 AM »

Hey penguin
How’s it going?

Well, i can ask for a removal I guess. Whether they will or not, is another matter!

Bit rubbish tbh, hopefully I'll feel better after seeing GP this morning. I only took 100mg of utrogestan last night, it didn't stop the overheating but my dreams were vivid rather than nightmares which is a slight improvement!
Defo ask for the mirena removal, you have nothing to lose given they'll be looking up there anyway and it saves them another appointment! Surely it can't be that hard or time consuming for them to take out!

Menowend

• First Flush
« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2023, 06:35:17 AM »

Hi Nas,

I am 58, had my coil out a couple of years ago. No periods for over a year. I’m on utrogestan and evorel 50. I was on citalopram but weaned myself off it as it caused a non existent libido.

All was well until a month ago. Huge emotional crash. Irritable, angry, unstable feeling, down, fed up, couldn’t function really. I was panicking that this is how things are now.

I feel a bit better now. I’m changing to lenzetto and a higher dose of oestrogen and hoping that brings me back up. The last resort for me is trying a new low dose of anti depressants that don’t affect my libido but I think they all do.

I really feel for you. It’s so hard and I tell my daughters who are 30 and 22 to try to factor in having as easier life as possible after 50 due to the menopause. By this I mean, work part time or have the ability to be very flexible. I can’t fathom as women going through this with other issues such as homelessness, dv, actually cope.

Nas

« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2023, 07:51:52 AM »

Hi Menowend
Yes I think if you could schedule your life to one which is more flexible after 50 ( at least) then things might be a bit bearable when the hormonal s**t hits the fan.

Trouble is, there’s no way of knowing how  things might be because everyone has a different menopause experience.

The expectation now, is that women need to keep themselves financially independent and to keep a roof over their head.

Teen children are often in the equation, elderly and / or sick parents and possibly rocky relationships with partners or husbands. Factor all that into meno and it’s a recipe for disaster!

If too many women cave in and quit jobs/ reduce hours etc, then women of a certain age are deemed “ past it “ But if they  try and soldier on, they could be viewed as incapable.

I’ve been thinking a lot about the impact of hormones on my life. Really I’ve been on a rollercoaster for five years now. I should have changed jobs and be on a far higher wage, a long long time ago. 

Menopause has impacted on me doing that (lack of sleep/ bleeding/ pain / endless appointments) It’s far easier to work a job 5 mins round the corner which is not too demanding and finish at 4pm!
Then, every time I think I’m on an even keel, bang crash wollop!

I don’t know how women in high pressure jobs / in DV relationships/ on the breadline, cope, i really don’t.

How do you find the lenzetto ?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2023, 07:56:10 AM by Nas »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5