Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Despair  (Read 3772 times)

Nas

Re: Despair
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2023, 04:43:12 PM »

Still no response from mirena nurse! Will try again tomorrow.

Why is it all so difficult this!

Wish to god I’d never touched hormones, ever!  >:(

Katherine

« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2023, 05:06:12 PM »

Thanks CLKD.
I hope i sort it too.

Was queuing for the toilet in Asda earlier. A woman barged in and stood in front of me. Cubicle door opens and she tries to dive in! I politely reminded her, I was before her. She was having none of it, so the rage kicked in!  :( :o

I hate queue jumpers, scum of the earth  ;D. My death stare comes out involuntarily.

discogirl

« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2023, 05:33:20 PM »

Hi Nas,

Yes I bought some but they didn't really do anything for me to be honest.

Never mind, onwards and upwards as they say.

I really hope you get sorted, your really going through it at the moment xxx

Katherine

« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2023, 06:16:34 PM »

Still no response from mirena nurse! Will try again tomorrow.

Why is it all so difficult this!

Wish to god I’d never touched hormones, ever!  >:(

I’m sure you will get sorted soon Nas, in the meantime remember how strong you are, you’ll get through this.x

SarahT

« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2023, 06:25:17 PM »

Katherine is right. We are all with you in whatever way we can. Heaven knows you've helped pull me through many a hormonal fall.
The to rest up and sleep as best you can. X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2023, 06:42:37 PM »

Where in the World R U that a GP can't arrange for a coil to be removed  >:(  :-\ isn't there a Nurse Practitioner?  Or refer to a Gynae Dept.?  If U can feel the threads ....... give it a tug ;-).

Nas

« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2023, 07:10:39 PM »

Thanks ladies,
This forum is a lifeline.

Tomorrow is a new day isn’t it?

CLKD, the strings are well and truly off the radar. Not a hope of rummaging and pulling ( although don’t think i could anyway!)   :o

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2023, 07:52:39 PM »

:o. let us know how you get on.

Bexs

« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2023, 07:09:14 AM »

Nas,

I am sorry you are having such a hard time contacting anyone to get this sorted. Surely someone has the answer?? And in my opinion if they fitted it they can take it out!!

I saw a doctor last Friday but, she couldn't try to remove mine as she hasn't been trained! I have booked an appointment with the doctor that fitted mine next Thursday. I did explain about the AWOL strings and that I didn't think it would be possible but, the reply was " well, she can have a good look and see if they are definitely missing and if they are she will know what to do"!! I am absolutely petrified about this appointment but, at least it's a step forward.

I too am feeling much like you with the rage at the moment, also anxiety, brain fog, etc. The doctor I saw Friday prescribed Amytriptiline for my migraines and touch wood they are working well. I am sleeping alot better and even though I have the rage, etc I am not ending up with a migraine too as everything gets on top of me. Do you suffer with migraines too? Maybe something you could try??

Do you know what progesterone you are going to have once mirena is out of your life? Did they tell you what the gynae referral times are where you live? Have you decided what route you want to go for your fibroid to be evicted?

I hope today is a better day for you. Sending a virtual hug. Take care.

Penguin

« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2023, 07:25:54 AM »

Oh Nas and Bexs, I feel for you both so much. These mirenas sound a nightmare. Gp suggested one for me a few years back for bad pms and I said no because even back then before waiting lists were so bad, I'd heard that the NHS is reluctant to remove them quickly if you don't get on with it, god knows why given it's your body.

Nas have you had a call yet re your 2WW appointment? Fingers crossed it is soon!

Nas

« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2023, 09:15:16 AM »

Hi Bexs,
I’m glad you have an appointment next week to ( hopefully) remove your mirena. As you say, it’s a step in the right direction. Really hope goes smoothly for you 🤞

What will you do for progesterone? Utrogestan? Are you staying on HRT? What’s the plan re: your fibroids?

I do take amitriptyline for nerve pain and it does help with sleep. Are your symptoms due to low oestrogen?

Re: My fibroid, I just want it out as quickly as they can do it. I’m hoping through the abdomen, but it all depends how big it is, when the time comes I guess.

I feel sure the HRT is feeding the fibroid, but I don’t know for definite. I’ve got this bulky uterus , which I didn’t really understand. That’s why I need this gynae appointment asap.

I feel lacking in oestrogen, but can’t do much  right now; this fibroid needs addressing, so it makes sense to have the mirena out ( ha ha .. that’s a joke !!) I did email my MS yesterday, she said ask GP or sexual health clinic.. nope.. no can do. So, gynea will have to do it.

Penguin, I’m going to chase the referral up today. In theory the appointment could be next week, which sounds blooming ages away right now!

You are right, it is my body and I think (I don’t know) that the coil is probably okay location wise ( according to scan) but it’s best to have it removed and have a break from hormones until the fibroid is dealt with.

What an exhausting,  time consuming crappy time of life  :(
« Last Edit: August 30, 2023, 09:17:13 AM by Nas »

Penguin

« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2023, 09:51:24 AM »

Nas try telling them you're willing to be seen by a different Trust if it turns out to be longer and if it'll speed things up? They may not like it but they CAN do this!

Nas

« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2023, 10:47:04 AM »

Just rang gynae..
They are waiting for a clinic, so I can be booked in.

Penguin.. I really hope it doesn’t take too long. 🤞

Nas

« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2023, 11:25:33 AM »

Urrghh.. feel wretched…
So full of rage and anger…
Tummy hurts with cramps…
How to survive this?

SarahT

« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2023, 01:26:31 PM »

You can. You are stronger than you feel right now, I promise you. There is an appt coming soon so you have hope.

Meanwhile make some notes of anything you want to ask of them,gives you a tiny bit of control right now. so much going on for you at the moment it's no wonder the physical pains are affecting you as you have been through so much. Xx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5