Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: continuous combined HRT in perimenopause  (Read 764 times)

criser

• First Flush
continuous combined HRT in perimenopause
« on: August 28, 2023, 01:24:10 PM »

Hi ladies. I'm still in perimenopause (periods every 2-3 months) but was starting to have symptoms. Since I suffer migraines, my doctor put me on continuous combined hrt (Bijuva), although usually that's for full menopause, in order to avoid the fluctuations that would worsen my migraines. Has anyone in perimenopause done the same? Now I'm having periods way too often, but I prefer those to migraines. Thank you

Ermin2trude

Re: continuous combined HRT in perimenopause
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2023, 02:33:56 PM »

I was put on continuous HRT during peri menopause because of migraines. They always happened when I stopped the progesterone part. Periods became erratic on the continuous regime so the progesterone dose was increased. Eventually decided I was better off without HRT though so perhaps I’m not a good advertisement for the benefits. Sorry.

MabelBabel

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2023, 07:00:12 PM »

I was put on evorel conti while I was peri, she just asked if I wanted periods or not, so I said no as they were annoyingly irregular, kind of like yours.
I had lots of bleeding for the first few months on conti, but then it settled.
I've just switched to oestrogel and utrogestan and will be taking the utrogestan continuously, she said I could if I started getting bleeding again so I'm going to continue it as I haven't bled for 3 months going 4 now. Fingers crossed my body is settled now.
Good luck!

criser

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2023, 12:31:00 PM »

I was put on continuous HRT during peri menopause because of migraines. They always happened when I stopped the progesterone part. Periods became erratic on the continuous regime so the progesterone dose was increased. Eventually decided I was better off without HRT though so perhaps I’m not a good advertisement for the benefits. Sorry.
Thank you for your message. I don't understand: were you on continuous combined like me? Because that is the only one that will avoid fluctuations, you mentioned the "stopping progesterone part", so I believe you were not. How are you doing now? Maybe try continuous combined in the future if you still haven't, that should help with migraines. Thank you for sharing and hope you feel good!