Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Evorel patch to Oestrogel and anxiety  (Read 830 times)

TJ1313

Evorel patch to Oestrogel and anxiety
« on: August 27, 2023, 03:31:00 PM »

Hi there, I need some advice please :) I moved over from Evorel 25 patches to oestrogel nearly 2 weeks ago, and my horrible anxiety and panic attacks have resurfaced over the past few days and getting worse. Also my joint pain is coming back too :( I am off on holiday in 5 weeks and I dont know what to do, the thought of being on a plane for 11 hours is freaking me out at the moment and I'm not normally like that, do I swap back to patches which were keeping the panics under control or do I keep going with the gel? The panic attacks and moods were the main symptoms of peri for me HELP!!

WildOtter

Re: Evorel patch to Oestrogel and anxiety
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2023, 03:39:54 PM »

I can't advise but just want to offer sympathy as I've done the same myself last week - moved from patch to gel - with the same results as you. It sucks but I'm comforting myself with the fact I know it is hormonal and therefore it can be fixed.  I've chosen to go back on the patches myself, at least until I can discuss with my GP.

Can I ask why you switched to the gel? Were you having issues on the patches?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2023, 03:41:26 PM by WildOtter »

TJ1313

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2023, 03:51:48 PM »

Oh no not you too :( I wanted to change because the Evorel patches didn't seem to be working as well as when I first started HRT in 2021, and I think it was because they didn't seem to stick very well, plus I thought the gel would be better for changing doses if I needed to. I was absolutely fine when I was on Estradot but they changed me over because of shortages and I havent been feeling the same since x

Stella2

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2023, 04:25:49 PM »

Sorry to hear you are feeling like that. I read somewhere that evorel patches have different ingredients than Estradot. I was also on estradot and due to shortages they put me on Estraderm.
They are massive comparing to estradot but I think they are very similar and I don't have any side effects due to change.

TJ1313

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2023, 04:32:38 PM »

I think I might just go back on the patches too, I dont want to ruin our holiday I've been excited for months haha, at the moment I feel as soon as we took off I would be screaming let me off the plane ;D perimenopuase gave me the wonderful symptom of claustrophobia >:( I hope you feel back to normal soon x

sheila99

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2023, 05:33:05 PM »

Unless you have a bad reaction to one of the ingredients then the problem is the dose not the brand. Although on paper they may be equivalent you personally may absorb one product better or worse than another. I found gel and evorel tobe equivalent and estrodot to be stronger. There's no need to go back to patches unless you prefer them, you can just add another half to one pump gel. I prefer patches but gel does mean you can change the dose easily yourself.

TJ1313

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2023, 06:04:41 PM »

Thank you Sheila, I do prefer the patches for ease of use, I didnt know if I was getting on better with them because it was a constant dose unlike the gel? I don't know, I'm still learning haha, I just dont want to ruin my holiday I think that is stressing me out even more, panic attacks are the worse and wouldnt wish them on anyone, I'm lucky I have a very loving and understanding husband :)

Pippa52

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2023, 09:46:36 PM »

I had awful anxiety panic attacks and palpitations when on Oestrogel and it transpired I was not absorbing it at all.  It really is horses for courses what suits one person may not suit another.  I swapped back to Estradot patches which are working well for me once I got the dose right and levelled out.  Hope so much you feel better soon anxiety and panic attacks are absolutely horrid to have to deal with xx

TJ1313

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2023, 07:09:12 AM »

Thank you Pippa x I've slapped an Evorel patch back on this morning, I will get back in touch with my Doctor and see if Estradot is back in supply and hopefully get back to my happy place before our trip x You guys are all so helpful, makes me feel better and feel like im not going mad haha x