Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Ovestin dose?  (Read 1548 times)

suzysunday

Re: Ovestin dose?
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2023, 07:34:16 PM »

I really relate to what you say Jules.  It really is a bloody shock.  I cried a lot when I found out a few years ago. I'm your age. I'm in a much better place now with local oestrogen, but it really is a depressing condition.  And I knew naff all about it till it happened.

Jules

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2023, 09:29:30 PM »

We don't know.  If U are in a new relationship that explains the natural lubrication so VA isn't such a problem.

It may become worse or your regime may be enough to keep the vagina and vulva comfortable.

I resisted using vaginal estrogen for a few years because of the mentions of cancer. Before that I didn't even bother to ask the doctor. I met this man 6 years ago. Vagifem has definitely helped, I just didn't know I needed to attend to the outside nor did my doctor tell me I should.  I haven't had bad menopause problems in terms of hot flush, moods etc. Just down below. My sister 20 months younger had bad menopause but none of these issues. It's all a bit depressing really, especially when I'm otherwise in decent condition for my age and I'm finally enjoying a sex life with someone I'm really attracted to and im free and old enoughto do what i want. And I'd never heard of this other condition,  lichen, so that's worrying me now. No wonder some on this forum have health anxiety with this menopause rubbish

Ayesha

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2023, 12:30:36 PM »

To be honest with you, Jules,  as far as I can see you seem in a very good place to me. If you read some of the stories on here how women much younger than you are suffering the most horrendous menopause symptoms, you should be more relieved that you are having a good menopause.

The only way forward for you is try and not to over-think everything and use the VA medication without worry, read all you can on Vaginal Atrophy, education is power.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2023, 01:20:12 PM »

So had you gone to a GP with knowledge: if you could find one  ::) : U could have discussed the various cancer risks, most of which have been discredited.  Also HRT helps protect bone and hearth health.  As will regular exercise [note to self]. 

Having had cancer in the 1990s by the time VA arrived in my late 50s Quality of Life was the main issue. 

Jules

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2023, 05:37:29 PM »

To be honest with you, Jules,  as far as I can see you seem in a very good place to me. If you read some of the stories on here how women much younger than you are suffering the most horrendous menopause symptoms, you should be more relieved that you are having a good menopause.

The only way forward for you is try and not to over-think everything and use the VA medication without worry, read all you can on Vaginal Atrophy, education is power.
I suppose so. I think if I'd still been married, I wouldn't feel as bad,  we'd grown up together. That took some getting over. But I've been single 10 years and for the last 6, been having a fun sex life again after my marriage had dwindled away. Its exciting. It feels like I might have to lose that now because my private bits will let the team down. I'm doing ok right now but who knows in another month. I'm going to chat to my doctor. It's bloody rubbish being a woman. It's like our very existence was purely for reproducing and once that's done, we shrivel up and become defunct

Jules

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2023, 05:43:00 PM »

I'm sorry if I sound soft when there are people worse off. It's been a bad year and every week seems to bring a new worry. And GPs have no tact. After she'd described what she could see, I left feeling like less than a woman. Ironic, while I've been reliably using my retinol face cream to fend of aging, I should have been fussing lower down🙄

SundayGirl

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2023, 06:12:49 PM »

...... while I've been reliably using my retinol face cream to fend of aging, I should have been fussing lower down🙄
Sorry but this has just given me the laugh that I needed today.

Sending you a virtual hug  :bighug:

Jules

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2023, 08:21:03 PM »

...... while I've been reliably using my retinol face cream to fend of aging, I should have been fussing lower down🙄
Sorry but this has just given me the laugh that I needed today.

Sending you a virtual hug  :bighug:

Well I'm glad I made you laugh. I suppose it could be worse. I could have a banging vulva but a menopausal face😁

Jules

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2023, 10:17:07 AM »

I've had a long chat with my doctor about menopause changes and sex lives. She tells me regular sex helps. I'm hoping one day I get up and have lost all interest in it and then I don't need to worry about how I look, whether I can etc
Pages: 1 [2]