Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Temperature issues!  (Read 571 times)

Kai_63

Temperature issues!
« on: August 25, 2023, 08:11:44 AM »

When I first became peri, i used to have hot flushes but they calmed down when I went on the pill, and stayed that way when I started HRT three months ago (utrogestan 12 day cycle, oestrogel 2.5 pumps, also on vagifem for two days a week).

All of a sudden, I’m not getting hot flushes but my body seems naturally warmer. I’m usually the coldest person in the room, and the past year or so, particularly cold, but these couple of days I’ve been walking around in shorts and a vest in 18 degree weather (unheard of, usually in double jumpers)!

Any thoughts on these temperature fluctuations, is this just a steady, permanent hot flush but without the sweating and overheated feeling?

sheila99

Re: Temperature issues!
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2023, 12:33:01 PM »

No idea but if you find out send it my way  :D

Penguin

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2023, 12:45:07 PM »

I am the same these days, it is worse for me on the utrogestan days though.

Kai_63

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2023, 12:50:06 PM »

That’s interesting. Mine’s started as I finished my 12 day utro cycle, so maybe it’s linked!

Penguin

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2023, 01:20:40 PM »

That would also be when your estrogen is at its lowest,  wouldn't it. Is the overheated feeling staying all month long for you now then?

Summer has also seemed to make mine worse, my body just doesn't seem able to regulate its temperature the way it used to! I am actually looking forward to crisp winter days now!!

Kai_63

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2023, 01:51:44 PM »

It’s the first time it’s happened but usually I’m freezing. I wear heated gilets inside and outside in winter! It’s actually quite a nice change but if the weather gets warmer it won’t be so good.

Hormones are so strange. Hope you’re not suffering too much.