Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Sore eyes  (Read 909 times)

suzysunday

Sore eyes
« on: August 25, 2023, 06:19:45 PM »

Is there anything you've tried for sore eyes?  Mine have become sore recently and in the morning I'm getting bits of that dry stuff round the lashes.  I've bought some standard drops for dry eyes but they're not much good.

Flossieteacake

Re: Sore eyes
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2023, 06:26:56 PM »

Seabuckthorn capsules can help with dry eyes. If your eyes are sore due to being dry then perhaps they will help them a little.

suzysunday

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2023, 07:56:59 PM »

Thanks for that.  Has anyone any recommendations for eye drops.  There are so many online.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2023, 08:05:11 PM »

I found the hycosan eye drops worked well for me.

Penguin

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2023, 08:05:36 PM »

I use hycosan, the green one. You can get it in any of the main opticians. What's good is that some eye drops you have to throw away 30 days after opening, whereas these you don't. And they really do work for me, both for dryness and resulting soreness. They are very soothing.

Penguin

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2023, 08:06:16 PM »

Ooh ours posts crossed flossieteacake 😁

suzysunday

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2023, 08:18:47 PM »

Yes just been researching those. Think I'll buy some tomorrow.  Is there no end to menopause consequences!

Suziemc

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2023, 08:23:32 PM »

Make an appointment with your optician for an eye health check, they are free (at least mine was but not sure if it's countrywide or health authority dependant).  Your optician will check to make sure there are no other underlying conditions causing the dryness. They will also be able to recommend eyedrops, if appropriate.

I was amazed to find my dry eyes were actually caused by dehydration! Upping and monitoring my water intake sorted out my problem.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2023, 08:28:26 PM »

Ooh ours posts crossed flossieteacake 😁

Twins!  ;D

trandall

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2023, 08:29:42 PM »

Hi I’ve used Optrex the spray you use with your eyes closed then just blink and I highly recommend it. It’s quite expensive around £14 but worth it for me

suzysunday

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2023, 08:32:20 PM »

I did have an eye test in February and all was fine so not sure if I should go back.

Suziemc

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2023, 06:28:20 AM »

I did have an eye test in February and all was fine so not sure if I should go back.

An eye health check is different to an eye test so yes, I'd ask to book in for an eye health check just to rule out any underlying conditions  :)

Dierdre

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2023, 08:15:44 AM »

I use Viscotears liquid gel recommended by my optician. He said my dryness was caused by menopause and I've been using it for years now. It's about £4 from most chemists.

DottyD68

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2023, 09:02:29 AM »

Sea buckthorn capsules and Hycosan for me. Also use Hycosan night gel.

suzysunday

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2023, 10:13:42 AM »

Thanks for the help.  Got really fed up with sore eyes and rang my optician.  There is a free nhs test at various opticians but all booked up.  But for £20 I got same day appointment at specsaver and yhave blepharitis/ dry eyes.  She recommended Hycosan extra drops and Optase to clean the lids morning and evening.  It was worth going than keep buying things randomly.  At least I know it's nothing serious with my eyesight.  Just more things to apply daily!  Hopefully there will be an improvement soon
Pages: [1] 2